1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Horrible customer service and no follow through at Mandalay Bay!

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by 2tweetz, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fridge is not even a legit issue. Insulin can remain st room temp for up to 30 days. And it really isn't smart any more to put it in a hotel fridge (one that you are not familiar with 'how' it cools). I've had insulin freeze in a hotel I think 3 times. And that destroys it. So from another diabetic, that isn't really a valid complaint at all. However that along with everything else just makes the entire trip a pain.

We had a maid go into our room on vacation with DND sign up while we were at breakfast- NOT happy as hubby had left his pistol, wallet etc out since we were gone for just a few minutes.

Easter again..:
  2. Loki

Loki Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could it be possible that another hotel guest thinking they were funny took the DND sign down? Does that happen? The other thread about strangers coming into rooms got me thinking it might.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. KimiCoconuts

KimiCoconuts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slot players are a host's favorite kind of player ;), trust me! Go get a host, and switch properties if they no longer satisfy you! You have the power, not them!

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You bet that happens

5. 2tweetz

2tweetz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I know re: the fridge and insulin, however I take a few other injectable meds that required refrigeration or and it's easier for me to say it's for insulin than go into a giant explanation re: other meds, etc. I also carry snacks/juice that needs to be in a fridge because I am diabetic. Thing is when I travel, I always ask for the fridge because I have stayed in properties in Vegas, AZ, FL and CA that shut off the air conditioning when you are not in the room to conserve power and room temp can be in the upper 80's in the summer... so yes I need a mini fridge.

KimiCoconuts, how does one get a host as a slot player?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  6. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally hosts contact you (at CET props anyway). I would think you could call property & speak to host on duty to ask who you should speak to so you receive an assigned host. They should be able to direct you

Easter again..:
  7. Kevke

Kevke Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm , not used to this kind of service, was very happy about it during my 2 stays at Delano.

8. PaulHMD

PaulHMD Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very bad behaviour from MB, I would definitely consider switching property or give them a chance to comp you a very good weekend:thumbsdown:

9. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, Cosmopolitan is great. I had a trip last year where I must have wandered over to their hotel and convinced someone to let me check in at 9am for my reservation that night. I woke up in a great suite high floor like I usually ask for, their customer service has always been top notch.

10. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Here's a tip for future reference: A couple of years back at The Borgata in Atlantic City, I had my "Do Not DIsturb" sign on the door and was in the room when housekeeping entered without knocking. I asked her why she was just walking into the room when I had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on and she said that there was no sign on the door. I knew there had been, because I had literally just returned from getting some pastries and coffee from downstairs. I realized that this particular housekeeper was getting rid of the signs and pretending they weren't there so she could complete her rounds. On another visit, two unsupervised brats were running around the floor ripping the "Do Not Disturb" signs off every door (the got quite a surprise when they got to my door and I flung it open as they were trying to take mine). After those incidents I have always jammed the "Do Not Disturb" sign in the door (of course make sure the door is securely locked) and this way no one can just take it off the door without actually opening the door first.

11. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, a quick note on that. Apparently (I do not have confirmed knowledge of this), part of a hotel maid's pay is determined by the number of rooms she "cleans". The hotel know this because after she cleans, she "checks out" via the phone in the room.

I now make it a habit when I ask for extra "stuff" but don't need the room officially "cleaned" to invite the maid to come in and "check out" of the room. Each time I have done this it was gratefully accepted.

The last time I was at Harrah's, the room across the hallway had a sign taped to the door indicating "no maid service until checkout day".

• Like Like x 2
  12. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I googled it and you are correct that some hotels pay their housekeeping staff by the number of rooms cleaned but that is not the case with every hotel. Regardless, housekeeping does not have a right to rip off a Do Not Disturb sign and/or enter a guest room against the guest's wishes in order to make a daily quota. It is unacceptable behavior and the ones who do it should be reported, When I am on vacation I do not want to be rushed out of my room or have someone barge in while I am showering because they have a "quota to fill". I get my room serviced every day (and tip housekeeping well daily) but I call down to have them do it on my time, when I am ready to have the room serviced.

That is very kind of you to let the housekeepers check out of your room when they give you toiletries. I do like my room serviced every day but if for some reason I decide to skip a day on a future stay I will definitely keep that in mind!

• Like Like x 1
  13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would hope everyone has their door bolted shut so there is NO CHANCE of someone barging in while in the shower, or doing anything else.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you expect any of THESE LADIES to walk in on me if my door is bolted shut? Absurd!

(link is safe for work)

15. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I checked in last trip they put me in a non smoking room at V/P. They told me they didn't have any smoking rooms available. This is an issue to me because Vegas is the one place I can smoke inside! Lol Host called to see if everything was ok and I told him about them not having a smoking room available. Not 5 minutes later, I heard a knock on the door to my suite and lady was standing there with a handful of ashtrays. My host made a non smoking room smoking for me in minutes. My advice, get a host. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  16. anfurney83

anfurney83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you just need to accept things can go wrong anywhere, where its a 1 star or 5 star hotel. I just came back from a trip at the Cosmopolitan where pretty much everything that could go wrong did go wrong and all I got was a half hearted apology at check out, with the email address of the resort manager. I emailed them almost two weeks ago and guess what? No response.

17. simundo26

simundo26 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    with the high turnover vegas has its no surprise customer service isnt important,

18. IamLindainWI

IamLindainWI Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a thought, when I have been unsatisfied with a response I get on the phone, I go to the front desk to speak with someone face to face. I've found it is harder for them to brush me off. Also, if they push back on my request it doesn't hurt to act frustrated and unsatisfied in front of all the other guests checking in. The hotel doesn't want guests to see an unhappy person so they will often give you what you want to "shut you up."

19. jintheuk

jintheuk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not commenting on all the stuff that went wrong, just the communication.

I emailed MGM (question about MB) 8 days ago and then again 2 days ago...no reply, I facebooked a message 2 days ago..no reply.

as a comparison I have emailed Boyd properties twice recently and had a reply the next day

also emailed Caesers (about Harrahs) and had a reply after 3 days

20. Packeral

Packeral High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For whatever it's worth I emailed Mirage with a question and they got back to me within 4 hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.