1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pools and Weather in Early May

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by BarelyHangingOn, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are a couple in our 40's that have been to Vegas 3x. All in December. We are going the 1st Week of May and are curious about the weather and pools.

The long range forecast looks 80 - 90 during the day but we are wondering does it cool down to jeans and long sleeves at night or maybe a light jacket?

We want to spend some time around the pools at TI and The Mirage but are wondering how busy they will be. Some of the photos and videos we have been watching have people packed in the pool like sardines in a big tub of what I imagine is urine and other body fluids..

Mid week first week of May is it crazy busy? We were reading about people going down to the Mirage pool right when it opens to get a chair? Does the Mirage pool have an area where you can chill out, sit in a chair, binge drink and relax?

2. snoopydogj

snoopydogj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are people waiting for the pool to open, that's for sure!
    That's to get the prime spots. But don't think your gonna mosey on down at noon & find a couple chairs by the water.

3. OhioStateAlum

OhioStateAlum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at the Mirage last July. The pool area is pretty big so you should be able to get some chairs. Depending on how big your group is, they may or may not all be directly together. There will be people heading down right when it opens, but not enough to scoop up all the chairs. They'll grab the good spots though. I enjoy drinking at the pool as well and I typically just find a chair to put my stuff on, then sit on the edge of the pool with my feet in the water.

As far as nighttime goes, I guess it depends on what you're used to. I've been there in May and I felt good in shorts and a t-shirt each night, but I'm from central Ohio. If you're coming from southern Florida, you might feel differently. IMO it's the kind of weather where you can be comfortable in a wide array of clothing.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I almost always go in early May (birthday). Usually pretty great weather. Warm in the day, cool at night. We've had plenty of jacket weather early morning. The nicer pools will have lines when they open, especially on the weekend.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gone to Vegas many times late April/early May and the weather is great! I like hitting the pool in the morning and usually never have a problem finding space. Might be different later in the morning closer to noon, or on a weekend.
    I've spent the night in shorts and also in pants but have never found it to be cool enough for a jacket in the evenings.

6. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes the mirage does have you squeezed in like sardines. Here is a pic I took from our room first thing in the morning (end of May). What we did the past couple times was head down early claim a couple chairs and then go eat breakfast at the outdoor restaurant located at the pool. We have also rented a cabana there several times. Haven't tried the oasis pool but if you get there and can't find a good spot I believe it is $50 to get a chair at that pool.

[​IMG]P1010667 by Marilynfan, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2017
  7. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone. We are thinking of renting a couple of chairs at the Oasis Pool. It might be perfect as the Thursday will be our last day there and after a night on Fremont St a private little are might be just what the doctor ordered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.