1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Looking for Show Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by ValerieJo, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValerieJo

ValerieJo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be coming to Vegas later this summer. Would like to see a show while we are there. Thinking of seeing either Love or Raiding the Rock Vault (if it's there).

We've seen - Absinthe, Carrot Top, Terry Fator, Jersey Boys, Mac King. (just to give you an idea). Not really interested in Celine or Brittney and don't want to spend a mortgage payment for tickets.

We are late 50's, early 60's.

What have you seen lately that you liked? Looking for suggestions.

Thanks.

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brad Garrett comedy club at MGM. Tickets won't break the bank and its always a fun hour and a half

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ValerieJo

ValerieJo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just looking at Brad Garrett Comedy Club. Unfortunately, he is not appearing the week we are there. Do you think it would still be worth it?

4. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Mat Franco at the Linq -- so worthwhile. Standing ovation by the theater at the end of the show!

5. easystreet57

easystreet57 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on your age group, you should consider Human Nature at the Venetian. High engery Motown through the 80's music.

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Garrett's club gets some good comedians when he's not there but keep checking, sometimes his scheduled appearances change. He's hilarious (be forewarned, extremely raunchy, nothing like he was in Raymond lol).

Terry Fator puts on a good show. Many here love Love. I thought it was meh (yes I like Beatles music).

7. rhubba78

rhubba78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beatles Love (Cirque show at the Mirage) On our upcoming trip we are going to see Love, Human Nature, and Tenors of Rock.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pea

Pea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Bronx Wanderers - have seen them locally several times. [I've seen Jersey Boys in Vegas, and Bronx Wanderers are waaayyyyy more entertaining.]

A mixture of music, Frankie Valli, they do some Queen, Bruno Mars etc. They are at Bally's at 5:30.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw Raiding the Rock Vault when it was at the Trop. It was great. Cheesy story line at times, but loved the music. I'm mid 30s, husband early 40s, but we both thought it was great. Music is from 60s to 80s, so I think you'd know many of the songs - and possibly some of the singers. They're all from well known groups.

Look for deals on Groupon. We got a great deal. I think it was 2 for 1 VIP, so we were sitting right next to the stage.

[​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  10. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We enjoyed Raiding the Rock Vault; saw it several times at the Trop but haven't seen it in the Hard Rock venue. If Rod Stewart is playing at Caesars when you are in town, it was a really good show. Hubby didn't want to go but he really enjoyed it too.

• Love Love x 1
  11. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would also check the mirage website and see if any good Aces of Comedy headliners are there on your dates.

12. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're still 6-7 months out from our trip, but I'm getting ideas of what we want to go to. We've seen O, Mystere and Ka and are thinking we'd like to see another Cirque. Criss Angel is out. What do people recommend between the remaining options? We're in our early 40s.

13. TableToddyy

TableToddyy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Donnie and Marie, Wife dragged to a show in 2015. Was pretty damn good. Its a small theater the cheap seats are real close. But first couple rows are $$$.

• Love Love x 1
  14. skydiva44

skydiva44 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree on Human Nature at the Venetian! I've seen them 3 times and they are awesome! I am your same age and I GUARANTEE you will love the music. Have never been to a show where the audience was so pumped and happy in participating, very hard not to stand up and dance every song. You'll thank me later...wink!

15. davehughes123

davehughes123 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've seen all of those Cirque shows plus Beatles LOVE and Zumanity. I'd say that LOVE is a must see and Zumanity is a must skip. We're looking at getting tickets for Le Reve on our next trip.

• Like Like x 1
  16. FreddyDan

FreddyDan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First post here!!!
    Show have seen in this order: Love, KA, Mystere, Le Reve and Britney
    My preference: #1: KA (for all age group, theater is beautiful). #2 Le Reve, #3 Love (I'm a Beatle Fan), #4 Mystere. #5 Britney (she's good but I think, I'm not in the targeted audience!)
    I have appreciated all the shows (even Britney!)

Next show in mind: O

• Like Like x 1
  17. VegasTravelNews

VegasTravelNews MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If Frankie Moreno is playing while you are there, you might enjoy his show.
    http://www.frankiemoreno.com

Ka is a great show. The theater looks something out a SciFi movie. Very cool.

18. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm off to Vegas on Sunday
    seeing Raiding the Rock Vault at the hard rock - Vinyl is the venue ~ on Apr 10 this will be my 4th show! I absolutely love it! I now make a point to see it each visit !
    Apr 9 seeing Steve Martin with Martin Short at the Colosseum

I've seen Rod Stewart , Elton John, Human Nature, Jersey Boys , all great shows , too!

Hope you find a good one!

19. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We didn't see Criss Angel's previous show Believe due to the terrible reviews but saw the new Mindfreak show a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I didn't want to go, hubby's pick, but I'm glad I dud...very entertaining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.