1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ultra Resort rooms at Planet Hollywood

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by JR Swift, Mar 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These showed up as an option this afternoon when I logged in to look at some dates in May. Claimed they had been recently remodeled. Only photo didn't show much. Anybody had the pleasure of staying in one?

2. steelcity5044

steelcity5044 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at Ultra Hip Room on the 22nd floor a few weeks ago. The whole floor was redone so I can only assume that the Resort Rooms were redone on that floor as well

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think @steelcity5044 is right in that they went floor by floor, I think most of the floors have been completed at this point. I was interested in this room because they booked me in it for my next trip and I'm not sure I want it, so I did a little searching.

There are a couple of not-so-great vids on youtube, and some regular images scattered around, some show the renovated version and some don't. The Resort Room is listed as ~585 SF vs ~430-something for a Hip room, which is fairly significant, but it's hard to find the extra space in the vids/pics I've seen.

The distinguishing difference between a Hip and a Resort is that the Resort Room has two windows facing the bed(s), the TV is in a piece of furniture off to the side (instead of on the wall facing the bed), and there's two sinks opposite each other in the bathroom. If you see all those things in a vid or pic, that's a Resort Room.

4. steelcity5044

steelcity5044 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Typically we have almost always stayed in a resort room until the last trip. As Chuck states the beds face the windows, which there are 2 large windows, where the hip room has one small window. Bathroom is huge in resort with 2 sinks as stated. The bedroom just has more room to walk around.

5. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everything mentioned above is correct. The TV off to the side is kind of weird if you are in the habit of watching TV in bed. The remodel of the Hollywood Hip to the Ultra gets rid of the dark feeling in the room. Even though there is only one window it is not boxed in like before and doesn't have the shadow box with the Hollywood crap next to it. It really allows more light in the room. The Resort is our preferred room type but the last two stays the Ultra was fine for our needs. Aside from the dual vanities in the bathroom it it hard to see the extra square footage since it is just more area around the bed. I do like that the rooms come with a fridge.

Mark

6. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I stayed in one of the resort rooms way back when it was the Aladdin. It was an average sized room but with an enormous bathroom. Sounds like that has stayed the same.

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These are all unrenovated Resort Rooms. It's still pretty hard to get a sense of where the extra square footage is vs the Hip room. I really don't like having the TV off to the side.

8. Robdude

Robdude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just stayed in the ultra hip room for 4 nights at the beginning of March and was not impressed with the room. Even though it was recently renovated with a lighter, brighter paint scheme it still felt dark, mainly due to the tiny prison-like window. My wife disliked the uncomfortable couch and odd breakfast nook(?) in the main living area. And the bed was not good.

All things being equal and comparable, and CET, I would rather stay next door at the Paris in a red room.

9. andrew5499

andrew5499 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently stayed in one for 2 nights.
    Good points: TV was new, 47" (i think) HD lcd, good channel guide and programming.
    Good Points: they leave the empty fridge in the room, so you can use it for your own beverages.

The couch and mini table combo was odd.

10. Robdude

Robdude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right? I busted my knee on that mini table getting up in the dark the first night. It served no point other than to bring pain to people with poor night vision.

11. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just booking for December. Resort looked bigger, but Hip had a fridge. Hip won.

12. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't like the resort room either. The resort vista is nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.