1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How do you book your rooms?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by tommy JC Nguyen, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommy JC Nguyen

tommy JC Nguyen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i usually book my room at Vegas.com .. or third parties websites lile expedia or cheaphotel.coms and such..and as long as i know .. vegas.com have the best prices...
    but where else is cheap like vegas.com

2. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Use your host or VIP services directly where you want to stay and play. If you have play history at that group of properties.

3. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I book at:

mlife.com
    bconnectedonline.com

• Like Like x 3
  4. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure we've used Southwest Vacations for airfare & hotel for Vegas. I don't recall ever using third-party sites for anything other than non-Vegas travel.

I just ran a real quick experiment with Trivago, LasVegas.com and Total Rewards for Bally's, four nights in April (in on Monday - out on Thursday) and they were all @ $156/night.

Just curious...when you book your room...is your decision based on being more 'cost conscious' or do you select the resort you want and go from there?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    'Cause once per annum is insufficient...
  5. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you have ever stayed at CET property, look on calendar on totalrewards. you may be surprised

6. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go thru host. He/She can't help you with covering the room if you go thru 3rd party.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually book directly through the hotel after browsing and confirming that it's the cheapest way to go (with promo codes I've found or offers they've given, obviously). I want to say one time I booked through some vacation deal a place like Expedia had going on years ago where - when combined with the flight combo deal - it was the cheapest overall option.

My wife and I have been to Las Vegas together enough times now to know that our favorite hotel and location combo within our budget is almost always Mirage, so we start there. I keep an eye on other deals for similar or nicer hotels in the Central Strip area, but they're either more expensive or not any better than Mirage for what we like (pool is a big factor).

BUT if I was going by myself, I'd book the cheapest option anywhere on the main part of the Strip. Whatever gets me to Vegas as soon as possible and gives me the most gambling money is fine by me.

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it depends where you want to stay. Previously I found downtown hotel prices to be better on sites like booking.com, hotels.com or kayak (which sends you to various sites). Only once did I use vegas.com because they had the best rates.

For strip hotels I found it to be a toss up from third party sites to booking directly with the hotel. Also helps that many strip hotels price match, if you find a better deal they will match it.

Lately because of resort fees I am booking more with the hotel, especially with the Boyd downtown hotels.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mlife.com other than the occasional AMEX Fine Hotels booking.

10. tommy JC Nguyen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well i am an mlife member and im suck bawls..lol..so m life dont matter to me.... but on vegas.com.. palazzo luxury king is 389.99 for friday throught sunday ..mother days weekend.. and that is the cheapest eevrywhere.. anyone have mlife hook up ?

11. Osceola

Osceola Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Direct through mlife or CET unless I'm looking for just one night, in which case I'll often do hotwire secret rate... usually with great success.

12. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When booking my own rooms I use a host.
    Sometimes book for friends and family and always book at the hotel direct.
    You do not have to prepay and have the chance at some backend comps.
    Call the hotel and give the Vegas.com rate and see if they will match it.They probably will.
    Or call and ask about other discounts AAA,military,etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Canuckgem

Canuckgem Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I book over the phone with CET marketing executive because I like to be sure all parts of my offer are included (free play and/or cash, food/beverage, extra TR club points). Never had an issue and my rooms are all comped which is very cheap lol.

14. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The major travel websites are pretty much all owned by either Expedia or Priceline. They are great for checking pricing of hotels and airfares, but I always book directly now rather than through them.
    When the sites were independent there was competition and they often offered unique discounts. Now you can check numerous sites and the price is the same, since all are just different covers for the same parent companies. Package deals through these sites aren't what they used to be either. Seems they are often nothing but the airfare plus the hotel rate, with no real discount.

15. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am guessing, but I would think OP does not have a host. So any answers telling him to contact a host probably won't help. Unless he has a relationship with that property. I will add another site that worked for me once when I needed a room on short notice, and was cheaper than hotel rate by a mile.
    lastminutetravel.com

16. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm firmly in the camp of booking directly with the hotel. Of course, I will check most of the other websites listed in this thread too. But, most of the hotels I stay at also offer a best price guarantee so, if I do find a lower price elsewhere, the hotel could possible match or beat that rate. At least that way I will earn some points on my player's club card for the hotel spend and possibly get some knocked off at the end of the trip. Not to mention, that gives me the flexibility to book a lower rate later if I find one.

Palazzo matches lowest prices found elsewhere and will also give you an upgrade.
    https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/best-rate-guarantee-updated-3-17-17.7835/

17. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont get comps because i dont gamble alot so i will look at the hotels website and compare it to 3rd party sites.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. tommy JC Nguyen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so i need to book into venetians then pay for a highrr price.. then gonprice match ?

19. ItsVegasTime

ItsVegasTime Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I email my host and she books it. But prior to being set up with a host I would book directly through the hotels website.

20. tommy JC Nguyen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what is a "host"... and how do we book with them.. or what are they.. sorry newbie here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.