1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Stay at a non MGM hotel & still use rewards for other things

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by hrk85, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrk85

hrk85 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really wanted to stay at Treasure Island and I had big plans to buy the 2 for 1 buffets and also drink deals at different hotels. I just realized you have to actually stay in an MGM property to use most of the rewards listed under those properties. So for example-all rewards listed under Bellagio-Would I have to stay at an MGM property within the last 24 hours to use any of those rewards? Is this for every single reward listed under an MGM property?

When I go on the myvegas app,I click on "rewards terms and conditions"... I don't see anywhere where it says you must stay at an MGM property to redeems this reward. Is this just standard knowledge everyone should know? I want to make sure I understand what rewards I can redeem before I go so i can plan accordingly.

2. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no 2-1 requires a stay. Most needing stay have a key on front bottom left of reward. But some don't. Just go to page 2 of any reward to see terms and conditions. If it does not state stay required, then no stay needed

3. traffic-zombie

traffic-zombie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi

I have just returned from a trip to Vegas and didn't stay at an MGM resort.

both my girlfriend and I play the game and used our points for various things.

We bought the 2 4 1 Bellgio Lunch, which we found to be very good quality with lots of choice and variety
    2 4 1 Aria Dinner, I know this is popular as a buffet but we found it very disappointing - even to a point I would say the buffet at the Fremont hotel Downtown was much better as we stayed down there for a few days before we moved to the Strip (well just off as we stayed at the Holiday Inn Club on Koval Lane)

We also bought a few 2 4 1 drinks at Hex, NYNY and Vdara, but on my next trip I wouldn't bother as I didn't find them good value as a full priced drink is still like $12-$15 I would just go with the list of happy hours instead and also download the Cityzen app

4. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have used 2for1's at Aria , Bellagio and MGM buffets with no problem not staying at a MGM property. We have also visited the Secret Garden and used 2for1 for Carrot Top show tickets without a Mlife stay.

Mark

5. dtmk66

dtmk66 Welcome to Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How long ago was this?

6. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 for 1 never has required a stay

7. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of them don't seem to need a stay anymore. Those that do have a key at the bottom left corner of the reward and also states it on the next page when you go in. Freeplay requires a stay at that specific resort. Room rewards require a stay at that specific resort :)

8. vegasvette

vegasvette High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last month, I was not staying at an MGM property on the days I used:
    MGM breakfast buffet
    Mirage dinner buffet
    Love ticket at Mirage

It was a solo trip, so each of these rewards worked for me.

9. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get the free buffets without MGM stays if you're willing to pay megachip value for them. But presuming you are going with somebody, much better value to get the 2-for-1's anyways. Although pondering doing the 2 free lunches at Aria for 95,000

To actually answer the question....probably either the monorail (while staying on that side of Strip) or Wolfgang Puck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.