1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Avoiding the Post-Vegas Crash

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by spdandpwr, Mar 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Every time I come back from a trip to Vegas, I feel like the next two days are a wash. On this last trip, I drank much less and didn't have a beverage for 36 hours before my flight and I was still pretty miserable the next few days.

Any tips and tricks on how to stay sharp in Vegas? I'm wondering if I should go to the juice bar every morning at the Palazzo and get one of those cleansing juices and couple that with regimented exercise.

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We returned late Friday and today is the first day I feel normal. For me, there's no way to avoid it as I sleep very little in Vegas.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In a lot of situations it's an adrenaline crash. The only thing you can do about it is either stay for a long time, or get really, really excited about going home.

4. MiDenny

MiDenny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have been doing a lot of quick weekend trips flying in from Michigan. What has worked the best for me is to avoid adjusting to the local time. We tend to hit the drinks fairly hard too. But if we feel like getting up at 4:30am we're up and at 'em. Probably don't crash as early as we should, but for a 3 night stay, we are still pretty close to our regular schedule by the time we get home. For the longer trips, it's impossible for me not to adjust. I'm dragging pretty bad for a few days after a 7 or 8 day trip. If I sleep in once, I'm in trouble. For me, it's not all the alcohol and festivities that get me, it's the time zone change. Wow....that sounds a little like denial....false sense of sobriety? Cheers!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As soon as I get home I go to bed and sleep for a good 12-16 hours then I'm good to go.

6. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'd feel the same way "back home" if you drank like a fish, and stayed up all night for a weekend or longer.

7. X-Man

X-Man Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No way around it in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ease back into my regular life at home. I try to make a smooth transition back to the same ol' same ol'...

So for at least a few days:

My coworkers all role-play that they're timeshare hawks, asking me where I'm from every time I walk by their workspaces. I reply, "North America!" every time, as usual!

I put my two TVs side by side, turn one to ESPN and the other to ESPN2, then pretend I'm at the sports book, just sitting up real close!

I grab a quick beverage from Walgreens or CVS when I need it--even though they're 40 and 30 miles away, respectively.

And, of course, I long-haul myself to work! :D

RICHARD

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That 2 day crash is your body detoxing and catching up on lack of sleep.
    If its taking 2 days to recoup then congrats as you did Vegas right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pea

Pea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I try to book a return flight that arrives in the evening so once home, bring the suitcase in, take a shower, and go to bed. It helps a bit to get re-used to the time difference.

11. Lovegas95

Lovegas95 Too much work...need more play.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I schedule an extra day off work to re-acclimate. I'd rather use that extra day in Vegas, but I need to bounce back. I just don't bounce as well as I used too!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Yep, I arrive on Monday night and take Tuesday off. Been thinking about taking that Wednesday off too, but it's asking a lot. I think I won't drink that Sunday and just party hardy on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Giving me Sunday and Monday in Vegas to recoup....and hopefully recoup my gambling losses.

13. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Similar to what I do... Come in on a Wednesday afternoon then leave Tuesday morning. Party hard Thurs-Sat then recharge Sun-Mon. Most of the time, I usually recharge on Monday... It's Vegas!

Annual Golf Trip
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with this -- I take long trips/typically 9 nights -- and with Pea's point below. I tend to be pretty sleep deprived during the first part of the trip but by the time I'm into day 6 or 7, the trip has become more relaxing and restful. I have the time change to contend with but I'm in less sleep deprived mode.

I stopped with the red eye flights back home unless it is a for a short trip. I arrange to get in by the early evening, unpack right away, do laundry, take a warm bath and get to sleep early after a lot of hydrating with water. Then the following day is another day where I can ease back in if I am able to work from home. Those days are usually pretty productive days but I'm not spending another 2 hours commuting, etc. and it wraps up better my post-vacation transition.

15. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep always need an extra day off from work...

16. Pea

Pea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm unclear about what days you're going, but what I like is going to Vegas Sunday and return Thursday or Friday - 5 days off work (if you have a M-F schedule) but have 9 days in a row off. Vegas is in the middle, so have a day before to pack and bounce off walls, and 2 days after to recover.

It feels more like a vacation then also. But some people like being in Vegas on weekends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.