1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Rewards limits?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Pbear71, Jan 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pbear71

Pbear71 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi with MyVEGAS are you only allowed to get 3 rewards every 3 months?

2. michele14

michele14 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have purchased chips you can have as many as 6 Mlife rewards in 30 days. I purchased about $50 in chips a few years ago and I have 4 rewards.

3. Pbear71

Pbear71 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok thank you for the info!

4. Pbear71

Pbear71 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What if you never bought chips before? What's the limit?

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM Resorts rewards are limit 3 every 30 days. If you have a doubt in which rewards are under the MGM banner, pull up the reward and click next. You will see under the Purchase & Usage Limitations this info.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Pbear71

Pbear71 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm new to all this so I thank you for your help! So I have ordered 3 already for a trip in late march......so in 30 days can I order another 3 and be able to use 6 on my trip in late march?

7. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. "Usage" occurs when you redeem the reward in Vegas. So you're at your limit already.

8. Pbear71

Pbear71 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh ok thank you all for your help!

9. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is what I know....

Three rewards in 30 days...no stacking and racking.

If you purchase coins, the number of rewards increases. It is rather unclear as to how much $ = the number of rewards. The bottom line is for those that do buy coins, you maybe entitled to a max of 6 rewards per 30 day period.

Just for a twist in your Dr. Pepper......some of us accumulate enough coins to buy Tailor made rewards. This varies according the type of "reward" folks want. For us we have received a Food and Beverage credit at the MLife properties. On our last trip we had a $950.00 FB credit at NYNY. Some have also received concert tickets, Cirque tickets and dinner at high end restaurants. And yes there are MyVEGAS hosts who assist folks on how to receive tailor made rewards.

Naysayers will say something contrary about paying for coins when the original intent of MyVEGAS was to play for free. But like most things associated with LV, things change.

That is all I can tell you...hope that helps.

YSM

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going for longer than 30 days. My partner and I each have 4 rewards and my dad has 3.
    Does the 30 days begin when we use the first reward of 3/4, or the last reward?
    I can't find anything when I search, but then I don't suppose many people visit for as long as we do.

I know this is a poorly worded question, but I'm lost and don't know how else to ask.

11. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a "rolling" 30 days, so 30 days after you use the first reward.

Example with someone having 4 rewards:
    Reward 1 - Used March 1
    Reward 2 - Used March 3
    Reward 3 - Used March 5
    Reward 4 - Used March 7

The next day you should be able to use a MGM Resort reward is March 31... then THAT would be your 4th reward in 30 days.
    You should be able to use ANOTHER reward on April 2... then THAT would be your 4th reward in 30 days.
    You should be able to use ANOTHER reward on April 4... then THAT would be your 4th reward in 30 days.
    And finally, you should be able to use ANOTHER reward on April 6... then THAT would be your 4th reward in 30 days.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks very much Scott. I will let you know how I get on.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And what people don't seem to realize (or acknowledge is that Playstudios (the makers of myVegas) is a business. They have the typical business expenses (like employees) that need to be paid, and that's why they sell chips.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. AndyGator

AndyGator Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've booked a MyVegas comp room for 30+ days out (5/24). It shows as redeemed in the game. When I get out there in May will I be able to redeem 2 or 3 more rewards?

15. birdman925

birdman925 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    However, make sure that you book your rewards BEFORE you leave, since myVegas looks at your IP address and if you're using a Local (Clark County) IP address, it limits what you see.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AndyGator

AndyGator Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was my gut feeling. I'm kind of surprised their system is smart enough to consider the stay the redemption date, and not the booking date. It seems like everything would just be tied to the rolling 30-day period.

Oh well.

18. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ****ack, just saw DaiLun already mentioned this before I posted the below!****

HI pbear, another warning is to LOAD UP before you hit vegas. You can always refund rewards, but once you hit Vegas, it gives you access to LOCALS deals, which are bare bones, free coffee, etc. I always load up so I can pick and choose which to redeem, and I just refund the others. (You can refund up to 5 a month, and you get a few months on each reward, so you can conceivably refund 10-15.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always redeem more than we will use. Gives us variety and we can always cancel later. With the rom rewards, it's a no go. They are redeemed when you stay even though they look redeemed already.

We usually stay for 6 weeks. Should be able to take advantage of 2x room rewards, but they don't leave your account until after you have stayed. Since we are already in vegas by then, we can't use another room reward.

Maybe could have done it this trip due to a Reno trip last week, but we have my dad with us this trip, so are staying in a condo so we have more space. A myVEGAS reward room wouldn't work. Maybe next time eh?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or be able to log in with a VPN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.