1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Length

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Kevke, Mar 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevke

Kevke Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Everyone!

How long do you usually stay in Vegas ?

usually when i talk to people from the U.S. and i tell them i stay for a week u get so much diffrent reactions.

usually from home to LV hotel its a trip of 20 hours, with jet-lag and the trip i want a week minimum .

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We often do 6 days to keep flight prices lower (Wednesday-Tuesday). If one is coming from overseas I would definitely think anything less than a week is too short!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Edserv

Edserv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One full week is usually my max. This next trip will be there for 8 nights / 9 days, which is awesome, but takes some money management.
    Back when I lived in Indiana, would normally go for 4 or 5 nights, but now that I live farther from Vegas, we like to stay at least 6 or 7 nights.
    I think the longest I stayed was 11 days, which I would do again if given the chance, but really challenging on the gambling budget.
    Cheers,
    Ed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 3 day's off a week, and can take an extra one. So, I'll fly in on Monday, and back out on Thursday.

• Like Like x 1
  5. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Generally Saturday out and return on Wednesday.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kevke

Kevke Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PS. @vegasnut i think your holding the record with 44 days :ssst:

• Like Like x 1
  7. garrman

garrman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stay 8 nights and 9 days.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bignig135

bignig135 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 weeks at a time, and yes, all Americans are shocked to hear it! Jet lag is a huge factor, plus a lot of the cost is the airfare, so its good economic sense to add another weeks hotel stay ( or so we tell ourselves anyway!) We know a lot of people only stay for 3 or 5 days, but when they recount the trip its very hectic, such as well the first day we walked the length of the Strip - great but other than a fleeting glimpse what did you actually do? A day spent at Grand Canyon and its nearly time to go home!

Some nights we simply stay in our hotel or go for a meal somewhere to mix it up in between shows and gambling. I once heard a loud woman at the next table in the restaurant say a weekends long enough for anyone here, but I see that as someone with a lack of imagination!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. lsiunsuex

lsiunsuex Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually a week coming from the east coast. Like others have said, flying that far, it doesn't make sense to stay less.

The only date requirement we have is to stay a weekend so usually we fly out Wednesday or Thursday + 1 week. Most shows aren't blacked out Friday or Saturday. Most clubs are busy Friday and Saturday. Plus then everything is nice and quiet at the pool Sunday morning. Most are gone or leaving by then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. betman4711

betman4711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being on a nine hour time difference 2 weeks is the minimum.
    We did one week several times but you need 2 or 3 days to get rid of the jetlag....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. jmn3

jmn3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4-6 nights is my visit length. I'd say 5 is my normal. With a 5-hour flight from Pittsburgh I have to try and stay long enough to justify the travel while at the same time managing the limitations of my wallet and liver.

This year it's only a four day trip which is too short in my opinion. I'd love to add a fifth night but the prices for the flight change were ridiculous. Instead I'll just plan another visit in September!

• Like Like x 1
  12. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Arrive: Sunday, early morning
    Depart: Friday, early morning

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5 nights is my standard length of stay but I always want 1 more day. For the next trip I'm flying out on Saturday morning and fly back on the following Thursday.

14. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did 2 months when I was playing poker full-time, during the 2008 WSOP. That was way too long, and almost sent me round the bend :eek:

Usually done about 2 weeks the other times, but did 4 weeks last year, and doing the same this year.

I've slowed down a lot in recent times, so a lot of time is spent just relaxing, and eating nice meals etc.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pea

Pea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also like 5 nights. 4 nights is OK depending on the flight times. But anything less than that is too hectic since I seem to only go once a year + it takes me a day or 2 to get used to the time difference.

My next trip is Sunday afternoon to Friday OR Thursday afternoon - til Friday almost seemed too long as the return flight doesn't leave til 4:00 pm, so I also booked a Thursday return with points.
    Think I'll stick with the Friday return - it's nice to have a spare day.

• Like Like x 1
  16. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Arrive: Early Sunday morning
    Depart: Late Saturday afternoon

Like to make the airfare most economical within the days off.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've found 6 nights is best for us. We're not coming as far as you, but coming from the East Coast you pretty much lose a day traveling. And we feel like 6 nights is enough to make up for the lost days while combatting Vegas fatigue. 5 nights not quite long enough and 7 nights is too long. We usually do Tuesday -Monday.

• Like Like x 1
  18. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I have gotten older I find that three days is more than enough for me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BobLasVegas

BobLasVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would prefer a full week or more, but a 3 or 4 day stay is easier on the pocketbook all the way around!
    Less cost for everything! And most importantly, I can get by with a smaller gambling bankroll!

• Like Like x 1
  20. bribhoy

bribhoy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This will be my second consecutive year for a three week trip. Jet lag is brutal, and I want to play in the WSOP, so need to have my wits about me. I've started doing an acclimation 3 or 4 days, then the rest of the time in Vegas. Last year. we flew in to San Francisco then drove through Yosemite staying various places. This year, we're flying in to LAS, one night at Linq,then off for some trekking at the Grand Canyon for four nights before returning to Vegas.

I know a lot of people in the US think this is too long, but playing multi-day poker tournaments really eats up the time. And we have found so many fun things to do in Vegas that the sheen has not yet worn off for us.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.