1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about a limo arranged by a host

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by mrem3200, Mar 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from my latest trip. This was only the second time my host arranged a limo for me to/from the airport. The last trip the driver that picked me up at the airport had a cooler of beer and apologized that he "only" had 3 different kinds for me to choose from, I had one on the drive to the hotel and he asked if I wanted one to bring up to the room. I was pretty surprised and impressed, so I kind of thought that was the norm when a host gets you a limo.

This trip when I met the driver at baggage claim I asked her if she had beer in the car. She said no but that she would stop at the store for me to buy some.

No big deal but it struck me as odd that the service was much better the first time. Did I just get lucky with the first guy? For what it is worth all of the limo's were comped for both trips.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on our maybe 8 limo rides... nobody ever had beer. Water (almost) always.

Personally, if I was a driver on a long shift, I would stock the car and figure I would get my money back in tips.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had beer in my comped limos. Just water.

4. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always water, no beer or other is ever offered (mlife and cosmo).

Sort of off topic. A lot of the limo drivers we talk to have been with the same hotel a lot of years; quite a few have 30+ years. One of the two female drivers we've had said she had 25+ years as a limo driver. Always a pleasant experience.
    A lot have some fun, interesting stories.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One time in maybe 40 comped limos, the driver had beer. We were very surprised!

6. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They usually let me drive the limo while the chauffeur sits in back and has a cold beer or two.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My guess is it was the limo drivers cooler of beer, so he offered you one. Lol None of mine had ever had beer. I had one offer champagne but that was because host requested it upon my arrival after my awful flight and hours late arrival. That was the only time there was anything but water.

8. fabriano

fabriano Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had approximately 40 roundtrip limo rides from the V/P to/from the airport. Only 1 ride---from the airport---driver had beers & regular/diet coke mixed among the water. This was about 2 years ago. I was surprised to see this.

9. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn cold beer? I never had that experience either.....many times I used hotel limo I used most MGM property's limo Aria, bellagio, MGM & skysuite bentley, Mirage never offered me a beer...Mostly with water, I think there might have been coke or diet at the most....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.