1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Disaster at LVA website

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by surf87, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People are posting and coming to the realization that their real names are appearing (lol).

• Wow! Wow! x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holy Shit! People would know that I am Boris Badunov!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you sign onto the site with your old signon or do you have to create a new signon? I tried to log onto the site but couldn't. Maybe they got rid of old signons that haven't had activity for a long time.

Do they still have the forums? I heard that it was going to be a complete wipe and start anew. I can't even find the forum section on the new site.

I always like looking at the "Delete" thread, that was just about all the threads that I used to read on LVA.

I don't view it as a disaster since they tried to "upgrade" their site a few years ago and that was a total fiasco and they removed the upgrades not long after.

4. blkshirt

blkshirt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't even log into the site...

5. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You sign in with your email as username and same password. The forum is located in the member benefits drop down at the bottom. The forum is wiped clean, now it has 4 topics but more will be added.

6. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is no joke. It had to be at least 5 years ago, Anthony Curtis actually got on my case for my comments about the delay of the "new message boards" and said the delay was "due to the holidays", implying the upgrade was taking place real soon.

They did have at least one attempt at an upgraded message board version many years ago, but he had to pull it and fall back to the old version, due to all the problems with the new board. So now here we are, 5 years later! Just like he said, the delay was just due to the holiday! ;-) From the problems and comments we are seeing there is no doubt that this new installation was barely tested, and now they will take weeks to get everything working correctly. All the while just pushing the few remaining frequent posters away due to the problems with the boards! Not to mention, the old posts, some containing great information and some great trip reports, were not migrated to the new board!!!

Last one there turn off the lights!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  7. GeorgeG

GeorgeG Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gave up on them several years ago and then rejoined this year. Forms are dead compared to the Vegas Message Board. And as I am single the coupon book is of less value than for a couple. So not going to bother logging on .

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had been a member many years ago. The slow -make that REAL SLOW response on the boards was the reason for leaving. Tried again a year later - still an issue. Gave up and never looked back.

9. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It took them YEARS to redo their site. One failure after another. And then this happens lol. And the new site looks like it was designed in the early days of the internet. Maybe Anthony's website budget is small (it must be) but designing something that looks professional and functions correctly costs peanuts in today's world.

But I've enjoyed their info over the years so hopefully they at least get the real name issue fixed soon.

10. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow that is really tacky. it sounds downright amateurish.

11. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would be horrible! I hope it never, ever, ever happens to me! :ssst:

CHUCK NORRIS

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It happened to me and I crapped in pants when my name showed up. I immediately called the office and the deleted my post.

13. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would imagine that's not a good feeling at all!

The closest I've ever come to that was when the coworker who organized the "Secret Santa" gift exchange at work accidentally e-mailed the list of "who had who" to the entire workplace the day before the Christmas party.

RICHARD

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd be beyond pissed if that happened to me. I used to be an active member on that board but I didn't renew in 2016. Has the new site been created since then?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  15. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I couldn't log in yesterday, decided I am done with them. Forum content mostly sucked anyways so no loss.

Annual me and Pete
  16. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The irony drips off my screen! Anthony Curtis, as many of you know, is NOT the guy's real name. Does he now show up as Kurt Flowers?

I gave up on LVA years ago and joined a couple other boards, including this one. While the coupon book used to be good, and I met a number of longtime friends there, the operation of the board is strictly bush league.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, my first reaction when I saw the new site was astonishment at how outdated it is given how cheap it is to design a website.

And it is not just outdated - some of it is just terrible choices on the layout. Half of the page that shows up is wasted (the top banner and the sides). Most of the rest of the page is taken up by one giant picture. Then there is an ad taking up the space below the one picture. You can't even tell there are loads of links and content below on my laptop. The core content is pushed way too far down the page.

18. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gave up on them a few years ago.
    As stated by others, as a SINGLE, no point in getting the coupon book, and whenever I tried to use the Palms 50% off, it was denied for some reason or another.
    The Forum and website have been upgraded to crap the last few times, and I took ONE look at this new format, with all the ads, and said BYE-BYE!

There are way too many GREAT sites to go to now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another thing is emails gets displayed too, in some cases. Case in point is Jatki has 3 posts in succession testing to see if he could remove his email but each time his email keeps displaying. Poor Jatki said something like it is depressing trying to remove his email but it keeps displaying. Jatki if you are on this board can you tell me how you fixed it because not only does my real name show up but my email got displayed too.

20. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

They recently upgraded the site (within the past week or so). They deleted all the old posts so it is starting out from scratch again.

I am a single so not worth buying their coupon book. I agree, so many better sites like VMB to go to.

Actually I didn't like the LVA site because of all the political nonsense going on there. They also have some trolls who try to suck you into "arguments". I got suckered into one of them and later told the mods that they need to get rid of the politics and trash talk but they refused so that's when I said goodbye and moved over here. Sooo much better here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.