1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Atlantic City, March 5-8

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by hotreds, Mar 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Really like Atlantic City! It's not a bad drive from DC area on Sunday. We stay at Caesar's, and have stayed often enough to feel comfortable about the lay of the land.

This trip we tried Guy Fieri's place again, and were again unimpressed. His wings seemed to have been made after being put in a blender and them scrunched on a chicken bone, then fried up. Almost like they were pre-chewed! The hot sauce was to die for, but the wings were horrid! The burger was the same consistency, and I must say I'm not impressed when the sandwich is so huge there is no way to eat it without dismantling it. Won't be going there again.

OTOH, Carmine's at the Trop is fast becoming one of our favs. Their wings are to die for, and their salads are huge and made just as I like 'em w/o all the weird greens many places put into their salads! Their pastas are also delizioso! Helpings are huge, everybody walks outta there with a bag!

Tried Bally's Diamond Lounge and were not impressed. Caesar's is much better and especially cleaner. There was food and trash on the floor pretty much by all the tables we saw. Their drink galasses were also half the size of those at Caesar's.

Roma Cafe was meh. Next time we'll just go downstairs to Kwi.

Gambling was a disaster, I will post my misadventures in another thread.

• Like Like x 1
  2. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always great to read an Atlantic City TR, thanks for the write up. Haven't made it to Guy's yet, but the place gets plenty of mixed reviews. Carmines always seems packed and I would have never thought of getting wings in a red sauce Italian place. Next time check out Dock's Oyster House, it's walkable or a short cab ride away, great seafood and has been around for 120 years.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sister and I stood in line at Guy's when we stayed at Bally's during Thanksgiving. Then we saw the size of the stuff you got and decided it wasn't worth the price. Glad we didn't waste our time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also turned thumbs down on Guys Bar B Que. Always liked Carmines,discovered a hidden gem for breakfast,Johnny Rockets,believe it or not. Cant beat the price for AC and the food was pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. TheCleve

TheCleve Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to the new Fieri's at Foxwoods recently. It was alright I guess. I mean I wasn't exactly expecting much based on the namesake. Highlight was the hot sauce that came with the Vegas fries appetizer.

Long overdue cousins trip!
  6. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A buddy of mine just got back from AC and said this was his favorite place to eat there!
    I'll have to add it to my to-do list if/when I ever get to AC for myself!

Thanks for the report, hotreds!

RICHARD

• Like Like x 1
  7. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had pleasure visiting AC but would like to one day...keep getting offers from Borgota (thru mlife) but thanks for TR it will be good reference for me one day!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.