1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do Other People Book Like This?

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by smerrian, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your plan sounds great. I can feel that it works for you and adds to your enjoyment, plus you've got the move down, so it makes sense to do it!

2. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our trips are mostly 5 nights. A couple of times we have split our stay between two places. Last year we stayed at Cromwell for 3 nights before moving to MGM the last two. I did double book the 3rd night so on the transfer we could go straight to the room without checking in. I enjoyed mixing it up but the wife is not a big fan.

Mark

3. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wanted to chime in about the CPAP. I also just carry it on in the well padded case it came with. Also, in case you didn't know, it does not count as piece of carry on luggage b/c it's a "medical device". So you can have your regular carry on with no worries.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks for the info.

5. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually stay 6 or 7 nights. Doesn't really make sense to stay less coming from East Coast. Always stay at 2 hotels, often 3. Once stayed 2 nights HR/2 @ Bally's (weekend)/3 nights back @ HR
    I am approaching the age where 2 night stays are becoming a royal pain in the ass. Going forward, trying to do 3-4 day stays

6. todd7764

todd7764 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My trip this May I'll be in 5 hotels over 11 days.
    Palms
    Golden nugget
    Downtown grand
    Mandalay Bay
    Cosmo

Chasing comps...

7. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our typical trip is 7 nights, 4-5 at V/P (our home base), and 2-3 at a CET property where we have a good deal. If less than 7 (for example our coming trip is 5) we just look at offers and see what appeals. This coming trip there was nothing at CET that jumped out at us so we're at Palazzo all 5 nights. So long as we aren't paying for the room we prefer to stay, but we add another hotel in if need be or for a change of pace. The craziest trip we ever had was M Resort (2 nights) + Rio (1 night) + Palazzo (5 nights) for the R&R Marathon a couple years ago when it was harder to find comp offers around the race booking last minute.

Taking the wife to a work conference
  8. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comp comp comp for us all the way too Smerrian---I'd rather hop than pay! Last trip was 10 days in 3 hotels.

(Caveat, we won't book a comp for less than 3 nights though... it's just too harried. And we DO pay late checkout, so that we're on OUR schedule, not the hotel's.)

Ack, this is my big goal for my next trip....remembering I do NOT use all the clothes I bring. Lighter packing!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  9. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

Our upcoming trip starting on 4/19 for 14 nights, all comped except for hotel in Bishop:

Arrive LV at 9:45 AM, get the rental and drive to Bishop for an overnight stay on the way to Tahoe.
    Harrah's LT, 4/20-4/22
    Peppermill Reno 4/22/4/25
    GVR 4/25-4/28
    Harrah's Laughlin 4/28-4/30 for a Willy Nelson concert
    4/30-5/3 Aria

We love changing venues. We mostly play where we stay so changing hotels gives us a whole different vibe and a new set of VP/slots to play.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AndyGator

AndyGator Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My next trip:

5/24 - NYNY MyVegas Comp (flight gets in 9:40 p.m., I'll just be sleeping and then Ubering over)

5/25-26 - Aria, CAS Royal offer

5/27 - Hyatt Place (Chase Anniversary Night for a room going for $279).

I'll be spending most of that day at MGM anyway. I'll nap then head over for a MyVegas buffet before Dead & Company show.

11. RebelDiceMan

RebelDiceMan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For our trip next month, we are staying at Paris for five nights before moving over to Caesars for three more nights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.