1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Will mLife bump my comp on a busy weekend?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by VegasSchemer, Mar 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am staying in Vegas over Memorial Day weekend but didn't show any free rooms on Saturday night (always the most expensive day) this year on my mLife account. I booked for Sunday and Monday nights.

Then this week, in the middle of my Vegas trip, I got a new offer for that same property that included Saturday so I called the VIP services line to change dates and book the new offer.

They said they can't comp the 27th but can do the dates I already booked. I didn't want to tip them off to me having an offer that included Saturday, so I just ended the call and immediately booked online. Booking went fine, just paying resort fees those nights and have a confirmation number. Any chance they bump me?

Think the guy may have cancelled that offer if I mentioned it?

It was weird, so I was just curious. People here often say you get better offers by calling, which wasn't the case this time.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  2. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm guessing you will be fine.
    You are confirmed.
    Usually bumping is on busy weekends to give the higher level players access to the Suites,upgrades,etc.
    I always have offers for SkySuites at Aria but over NYE weekend they send me to the Tower Suites.
    Same thing may happen on Super Bowl and fight weekends.
    If you are confirmed in a regular room it should be ok.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the original booking was on an offer, you probably should have cancelled it before booking the new one.

However, if the original booking was still open, the website shouldn't have let you book the 2nd one.

So do you think you may have 2 reservations now? Is the first one for Sun - Mon and the 2nd one for Sat - Sun - Mon? Assuming you didn't pay any deposit, I guess worst case scenario is you can cancel one when you arrive, and hopefully that takes care of any potential issues with any "duplication" of freeplay/resort credit.

Personally, I would want to cancel it in advance. You may be able to do that online - go to the hotel's website first and log into MLife - if you have two open reservations, they should both show up. Each one should have a Cancel button.

Even though it didn't work out, I think calling was the correct thing to do as far as trying to get Saturday night included in your original reservation. I've had cases exactly like that where a Saturday was blacked out and VIP Services did an override. Sometimes it's just because the comp value of that particular night is above your threshold for whatever reason, and sometimes it's because they have a "no Saturday arrivals" policy for that weekend. I don't know what their exact criteria are for doing an override, but I've had it done.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  4. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I should've been a little more clear. When I went online, I cancelled the first reservation and booked a new one for the nights I wanted. Just want to see if anyone has heard of being bumped when you had a reservation made.

5. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went out for a late birthday trip last Memorial and strung along a few hotel fully-comped stays. (best b-day trip ever!)

I had a comp at Bellagio arriving sat afternoon on Memorial day weekend. They bumped me down from a petitw suite (gave my fountain view reg) but didn't bump me out.

I agree with Nittany/Chuck, bumping down is possible, but I don't see bumping out. Just make sure to save a screen shot of your reservation with the confiration number. (Being a worry wart, I always do that anyways, in case the mlife site ever glitches!)

Have a great trip Schemer!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bumping can happen, but in this particular situation I wouldn't really be concerned about it, if it's a standard room. I've gotten bumped out of suites a couple of times, once at MGM Grand (Penthouse City View, it's not a mega-fancy suite, they just don't have that many of them and I got bumped by a bigger player), once at Aria (Corner Suite City View, the previous occupants decided to stay longer and they didn't have any other ones available).

Which hotel? Even arriving Sat of Memorial Day weekend, you should be OK especially if it's one of the larger ones (Bellagio, Aria, MB, MGM Grand).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.