1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Heart Attack Grill

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Disney Fan, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disney Fan

Disney Fan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going with a group of 5 Vegas virgins and staying at the Golden Nugget for a few nights before moving to the strip, so was wondering if the Heart Attack Grill on Fremont street would be a "Fun" place for them, I see they mostly have burgers/hot dogs but seems like a totally different place to try, any thoughts ?? Thanks...

2. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it could be fun for a group. once. especially if they are big eaters.

3. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tres tacky, in my not so humble opinion!

There are soooooo many other great places to eat in Las Vegas!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMG_1112.JPG IMG_1115.JPG

It is a unique experience. If your Vegas virgins have a sense of humor and they're not expecting gourmet food, go..if they're snobbish find another place for entertainment. Also, It is a cash only place.

Personally I am glad I went, but once was enough. The food was, IMHO fine, the look on my spouses face when the first person got paddled was priceless. :kill:

5. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We enjoyed it for what it is. It was entertaining. It is not overpriced either. That was the most surprising thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For younger people I guess it's fun at my age heart attacks just aren't funny.

TomTWI

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I think it depends on your group. Are they older? More females? IMHO, I think the place is more for men who don't calorie count and enjoy eating "junk" food without feeling guilty. The women will enjoy watching everything going on but I don't think they will participate as much as the men will.

8. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Americans love kitschy crap.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to the one on Freemont and the food was very good. Paddling was hilarious to watch! Would definitely be fun for a group.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my not so humble opinion I think it's an awful concept and would never go there on purpose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A tautology if I've ever heard one! Kinda like the Pope being Catholic and bird doo falling from the sky.

For a better meal and some episodic sadomasochism, go to the Hofbrau, catercorner from Hard Rock. Some of the shots there are served with a not-so-delicate swat on the tush! :)

Agree! One thing I did notice when I peeked around there is that the ECG/EKG near the weigh-in station shows what's known as a normal sinus rhythm, as in no treatment necessary. Having worked in the Pulmonary Lab, I've seen my share of patients with such things as end-stage emphysema, uncompensated heart failure, and stage-n pulmonary carcinoma! It's NOT funny, but a more appropriate ECG/EKG might be such things as missed beats, PVCs (strong extra beats), the agonal sequence, followed by flat-line asystole! :(

Value your health, gang!

(Thus endeth the sermon.) :)

12. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All kitsch is not crap, however.

13. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not if it's Scottish! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holy Smokes dmr take a chill pill. It's all in good fun. Isn't that what you always espouse about vegas----doing things you normally wouldnt.

15. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was doing training in Oklahoma City they had a theme restaurant where the servers dressed like celebrities and insulted the customers. Group after group begged me to go because they had so much fun. But I know my taste in fun and refused.
    My wife and I went to the original Heart Attack grill in Chandler. It's fun if you want to spend some time reading the bad jokes and gawking at the paddling and the 350 pound patrons. The food is mediocre but plentiful. Hopefully you'll have someone in your group try to eat one of those three or four patty monstrosities.
    And BTW, the one in Chandler closed after the second patron was rolled out on a stretcher. In Downtown Las Vegas these events count as free publicity.

16. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    None of us is leaving this place alive, variety and moderation is my motto. A meal of one cheeseburger and a shake with butter in Vegas isn't a widowmaker. :headbang:

17. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    closest I come to going in is sitting on the patio of Banger brewery and watching people get on the scale.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well stated, braddah.

I'm no purist, my waistline proves that. But if something like this is indeed an occasional indulgence, soap boxes and high horses are not needed.

• Like Like x 1
  19. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eating at the Heart Attack Grill just seems like 'bad joke time' to me. Very sophomoric. I see no difference to eating there and standing around drinking beers and making fart jokes. Fun if you're in your early 20's. For a great group experience I'd second dmr on the Hoffbrau Haus. Great German food in a truly authentic Munich beer hall. And the crowd loves it and gets into the live music and you end up drinking huge beers and singing along just like you're a native. Truly a great experience that's less sophomoric and more memorable.

20. beuhner

beuhner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went about 5 years ago when I was in my late 30's with my wife and thought it was fun. She enjoyed it as well and even thought the burgers were pretty good. The fries were horrible though!! All in all it is as advertised, not a gourmet meal in any way shape or form but maybe an adult version of McDonald's with a little side of entertainment!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.