1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Here is Why Your 'Live' TR "Sucks"...

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Rush, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always get a little excited when I see "LIVE Trip Report!". I don't know why, since 95% of them stink on ice.

Here's the breakdown of the average live trip report:

We get a week leading up to the actual trip. We hear all the great plans you have, see some pics of the clothes you are bringing, the wad of cash, and various other sundry items. We get a picture of the dogs, and perhaps the snow you are leaving behind. On, and on it goes til the day of the flight.

Now, we get the great shots of the pre-flight drink, and shots out the plane window. Your airport. The sky on the way there. The drinks on the plane. The landing. The Las Vegas sign at the airport. The limo/taxi/rental. The room. The bags on the bed. The first drink in the room...........

Then, we are lucky to get an update every two or three days!

Listen. I get it. Who has time to snap pictures, and let the saps back at VMB know how it is going? You're having fun, and just want to enjoy the trip. I FULLY understand! But, you have to understand, you entered into a contract with me! You promised me a LIVE TRIP REPORT!!!!!

I would cry a little less, and kick the cat a few less times, if you would just stop announcing the TR will be "live", and post whatever you post. If it actually DOES turn into a live report, well that's just a bonus!

The very limited people here who can actually pull off a live report are amazing! It's a task I can't complete, and most other evidently can't, either.

Now, I am not telling you how to take your vacation. I'm just asking to stop the false advertising!

Enjoy your trips!

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  2. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Haha, my Live TRs are almost too revealing...had to delete my last one because I said / shared a little too much. Made for a great time for those who saw / experienced it though.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Live TRs are a challenge. Usually the number of posts is a good indication of which are active.

Some people are great at them. I'm not. I always feel like I want to post but I never get around to it for some reason... :drunk:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. jENBEAU

jENBEAU VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah! This made me laugh. I'm one of those compulsive over-sharers so my TRs are packed with boring details, very small wins and some drunken rants about Keno. I do respect OUR contract - just not sure most people don't want to bail out!

• Like Like x 2
  5. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dayum, Rush!

Who pissed in your Post Toasties this morning? Maybe try a little half-caf tomorrow!

I guess this reminds me of the saying: The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No cereal piss. Just disappointed in what I am reading.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Lovegas95

Lovegas95 Too much work...need more play.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guilty as charged! I hope I'm past the statute of limitations on this one though. :peace:

8. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're good! I don't want anybody having any hard feelings. I can just hope for a great story in the future!

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to those that do post.

As to those that post with the title LIVE TRIP REPORT and I finally click on it, only to find out you are not going for weeks.... LOL!

10. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's probably better for people to just take a lot of pictures and go back and do a play by play on a trip report. I know I couldn't do a love trip report. Too much fun, and it would be too distracting to try to pull that off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only thing worse than a "Live" trip report is an "ask a host anything" thread.

Seriously I give the live reporter credit for trying, i have enough trouble hitting the correct letters on my phone when I am sober can't imagine what it would look like after a few. Plus I don't think I do anything exciting enough to even consider one. I am happy to see a trip report that is updated nightly or each morning report that has pics and details.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My thanks to all that post "live TR" in the subject. Then I know I can just skip it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly why I NEVER will attempt to post a live TR. I need at least an hour to assemble my thoughts, coordinate pictures (I use two cameras), and properly sort events in chronological order. I also need a moment to think about "do I really want everyone to know what REALLY happened". :rolleyes:

It is my goal to post and informative and entertaining trip report. I like to post pictures of the food in order that future visitors know what they would be getting if they ordered, sat bone marrow at Gordon Ramsay Steak, vs. Tender at Luxor.

• Like Like x 1
  14. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My trip reports are always "dead" not "live". Because I never get around to posting them

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good stuff, all!

16. AbFab

AbFab Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, OP for posting how I feel!

And I think there should be some kind of rule that you can't start a TR days or week earlier or at least create a special area called "Premature" and they can start them in there.

17. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love writing trips reports, if for no other reason than to look back at my own misadventures and reminisce. But I could only image what sort of incoherent ramblings I would post while trying to do it live.

"Lost another $100 on the slots at Wynn, man this place is for suckers. No one should gamble here!" 15 minutes later "Just hit a handpay at Wynn, I think they finally loosened their machines!"

or

"The buffet at Excalibur really isnt that bad" 30 minutes later "Man, I cant believe the explosive diarrhea I got from that shitty buffet!"

• Funny Funny x 8
  18. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is. They are supposed to be no more than 48 hrs from departure. Please report ones that are further out and we will move them.

We talked about a Pre-TR section but there didn't seem much interest in it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. zenvegas

zenvegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with much of the above. I actually prefer a detailed wrap up after the poster gets home.
    The live reports as already stated are full of pre trip detail and a thousand well wishers telling them to have a good time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. dtmk66

dtmk66 Welcome to Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be there in May, I will make sure it's coming to you live just to piss him off again :poke: or he might just like it you never know

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.