1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cut or Carnevino

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by MAA, Mar 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAA

MAA Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for some recommendation between the two. I love a good steak and have been to my fair share of the classic steakhouses (Peter Luger's, Keens, Sparks, etc.) and can say that Peter Luger's was my favorite. I can't seem to pick between these two because I read good things about both. I have been to a couple Wolfgang Puck restaurants and love his food. We are eating at an Italian restaurant so the Italian aspect of Carnevino isn't really that important to me. Looking strictly at steaks such as Filet, NY Strip, or Ribeye.

2. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd like to throw a third restaurant into the mix: Delmonico. Of the three, Emeril's place would be my top choice for both food and service. Not to mention a world-class bar.

Sorry if that makes your choice all the harder. :wink2:

3. MAA

MAA Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the input. I heard great things about Delmonico's but I live very close to an Emeril's Chop House location and the menu's are quite similar.

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't really go wrong.

I've enjoyed both places. Both classy. CUT is a darker, more modern vibe.

Since you are doing the italian thing, I'd say go with CUT unless you are dying to try the riserva steak @Carnevino and they have them (call ahead)

5. GA Redneck

GA Redneck Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heck I've looked at so many choices I'm confused too! In no particular order. Cut, Prime, SW, BLT, STK, The Steak House, Gallagher's, Vic & Anthony's, Charlie Palmer, Old Homestead, Gordon Ramsay ... and the list goes on and on!

VEGAS BABY!
  6. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CUT and Carnevino are two of the top steakhouses in town -- certainly two of the top five, and maybe two of the top three (my top choice is Bazaar Meat). Since you're strictly interested in steaks, there's nothing much to distinguish them as far as traditional steaks go.

For non-traditional steak, Carnevino has Riserva beef (as Nevyn noted) -- aged eight months or more, and tasting very different from what I think of as steak. Depending upon just how long it was aged and just which part of your steak you're eating, the flavor ranges from very intense to whoa-what-is-that-I'm-eating-intense. CUT has true Japanese wagyu grade 5, which I like a lot, but some folks find too juicy/fatty. Both of these specialties are super-expensive. If you like ribeye (or ribeye cap), you might like wagyu. I'm not sure how to predict who will like Riserva beef (I'm on the fence), but some folks rave about it.

Las Vegas has many more great steakhouses. I don't like Delmonico as much as the above two, but it's still excellent, and has more of that old school feel.

7. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

I had a horrible experience at Carnevino, but I did not order steak. Whereas, I had an exceptional experience at CUT and did order the steak. Food order notwithstanding, the experience at CUT was much much better with smarter, more attentive wait staff that had exceptional menu knowledge. I would not consider Carnevino again and I get my food comped every time I'm in Vegas...that's how bad it was in terms of dining experience. The way I see it, too many other good options for me to give it a second chance. CUT all the way.

8. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience was exactly the same.
    Cut was outstanding and Carnevino offered horrible,rude service,poorly prepared food,and an unapologetic attitude.
    Cut all the way!!

9. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had better luck than Nittany and spdandpwr at Carnevino - nothing but great service and even better food in my half-dozen or so visits. I've had one fantastic meal at CUT. Though, I found the service lacking - rude with pushy upsells at every opportunity. I'll return though, because the food was so good. I'll just ask for another waiter if I get the obnoxious, comically-stereotypical "New York guy" I had last time. (Seriously, the dude almost certainly was putting on an act...:rolleyes2:)

10. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I much prefer Cut over Carnevino.

11. IamLindainWI

IamLindainWI Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to both and enjoyed them both and would happily go back to either. With that being said, I would have to say that the American Waygu strip steak I had at Cut was the best steak I have ever eaten.

12. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with this - waygu steak at cut out of this world

13. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitly The Cut, ate there twice it was perfect everytime steaks were perfectly medium - service was top notch worth every penny!

14. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I was looking for a pure steak house it would be Cut, We love both however I am a freak for Italian and we would choose Cut for steak, Cut just has a better menu with many more choices and great food/service. Just my opinion..............Rick

15. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree 100%... My steaks there have been excellent each time...

Annual Golf Trip
  16. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had exactly the same at Carnevino. Appalling rude. I will never return just because of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to both, but mostly Carnevino. I've never had the reserva at Carnevino but their regular dry aged steaks are aged for 90 days. Cut lists theirs as 21 to 35 days. When it's great it's amazing, but I like dry aged steaks. Someone mentioned Delmonico's, I agree it is great and their dry aged steak has a beautiful funkiness to it.

If you want a lot of aging, go to Carnevino.

For the most part I've had good to excellent service at Carnevino, especially the times I sat at the bar alone.

18. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CUT all day. I was not impressed with Carnevino.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.