1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Taxi's/Uber/Lyft with a scooter wheelchair???

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by IamLindainWI, Mar 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamLindainWI

IamLindainWI Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any ideas on the best way to get around with a motorized vehicle/scooter? On past visits I've had to wait a long time for a handicap accessible taxi to come along. I'd appreciate any ideas.
    Thanks.

2. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you tried calling ahead to the cab companies to schedule a pickup?

3. IamLindainWI

IamLindainWI Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a great idea. Thanks

4. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have the same problem as my husband uses a scooter so we don't go too far but would love to go downtown.
    Does anyone know if Uber/Lyft has any vehicles thaat can accommodate a scooter?

5. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To go downtown, you could take the bus. They are equipped to handle them. Uber/Lyft will be harder as most won't be equipped for them. And you wouldn't know unless contacting driver. Cabs you could call and request for a scooter. Best bet is cab or bus.

6. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a fair amount of experience with this issue as my mom, who uses a scooter, was with me on two one-week trips to Vegas last year and will be with me for another fantastic week in our happy place next month!

I agree about calling a cab company in advance but what is probably easier is about 30 minutes before you need a cab, just reach out to the bell desk at your hotel and let them know you will need a cab that can carry a scooter in about 20 minutes. They can call a cab company and see who has a car that is close by but they all have cabs that can handle scooters. At large hotels there actually may be one that is in one of those long cab lines.

After you get that cab just get a card from the cab driver with the company number on it. The driver might even give you his personal cell and then you can use that info moving forward to request one. You just need to give some notice.

I'd be very surprised if the Lyft app (I don't use Uber in Vegas) didn't have some kind of box you check in which you can request a cab that can carry a scooter.

No worries. It's pretty easy. Just bake in some extra time. Sooo many folks now have scooters in Vegas than I'm seeing more and more of these kinds of cabs.

And I would not let any of this cramp your style at all. There's no reason Carol why you and your husband can't go anywhere you want to go. And I agree, for longer trips, the bus is a good option as well.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  7. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the advice--appreciate it.
    I don't think the bus would work but will reach out to the hotel about getting a cab

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.