$20 Paris

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. UTHguy

UTHguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in late on Jan 23rd. Diamond check in was closed. $20 offered at front desk. Could not get an upgrade even after she called her manager. ??? She told me to check with Diamond office in the AM. Went down this AM and was upgraded to a small suite with a P suffix after showing credentials. CSR at Diamond desk told me I did not have to tip, but accepted it with a bit of encouragement.

2. Mr. Politics

Mr. Politics Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a classic room, 1 King, booked for four nights. Monday 2/6 to check out Friday 2/10. Checked in ~ 4 PM on Monday, wanted the SB crowd to clear out some rooms. Gave the clerk the $20 and obtained a suite with a tower view.

3. Scotch12rox

Scotch12rox Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A little background. I am in Vegas for the first time in 9 years. I have zero tier credits but still managed to book a basic room for 4 nights, Tuesday-Saturday, first 3 nights free, $115 Friday. Reservation showed up as a pet friendly king. Did the sandwich with a very nice clerk. She asked, "is this for me?" and said she thought she could find us somethng better. Got a very recently remodeled room on the 23rd floor. She said it was done about a month ago and it looks it. View is of the High Roller. We are pleased.

4. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was probably the best $20 you spent in Vegas!

5. MrCravat

MrCravat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations but we got a room on the 26th floor ( 2647) with the same view of the High Roller just by asking..The rooms I agree are great but would have appreciated a microwave

Attached Files:

6. Peath13

Peath13 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've Ben staying at the Paris since 2006. I've always used the $40 trick. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. If there is a supervisor hoovering in the background, probably won't work. I never take the money away either way, as long as they are nice about it. We usually check in super early 8-10am, we usually have to check our bags, but can come back and use a short line to just pick up a room key.

Here's my best trick. We got a letter once telling us to call and request a host. I didn't think we really qualified for a host, but CET has phone reservation hosts for mid rollers? Anyway, I always bring my host a gift or gift card under $50, and every time she's gotten us an upgrade, until our last trip was a small suite. And, once she was able to "stretch" the length of my promo by a day or two so I could collect free play.

She was pretty stunned the first time we requested to meet her, but a couple of years ago she got promoted, so very excited for her.

7. pokerbucketlist

pokerbucketlist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    upgraded to a high floor fountain view for my 20

• Like Like x 1
  8. RTD022219

RTD022219 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a end of hallway king room for 5 nights. I was checking in last night and did the $20 sandwich. She took the $20 and said "is this for me?" I kindly said yes it is and laughed. I didn't mention anything about wanting an upgrade. After about a minute or so searching on the computer, she says "I'm going to give you a complimentary upgrade to a suite. Now here I am in a newly renovated and gorgeous Le Mans Suite (1000 sq ft) overlooking the Bellagio fountains!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Maxbet

Maxbet JACKPOT!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's impressive for a Friday check-in. Well done!

10. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always use the $20 sandwich at Paris and we usually get a pool/fountains higher floor upgrade but haven't experienced a suite yet...maybe this time!

11. Lucky7

Lucky7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chekced into Paris last night on a 3 day comp, platinum status. Gave the agent a $20 with my ID and card, agent asked if it was for him? I replied yes and asked if they had any upgrades available. Got upgraded to the Nice suite about 1200 square feet top floor room P33**. He mentioned room had just recently been renovated but if for some reason I didn't like it to just come back and see him. Just be polite, you never know!

• Like Like x 1
  12. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi All,

Okay, I am convinced, I am going to do the $20 sandwich when we check in at the Paris in June.

It sounds like it works almost 100%.

Now, I am really getting excited for our trip.:)

• Like Like x 1
  13. RebelDiceMan

RebelDiceMan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you are right K9. I plan on trying it next week and would love to get upgraded from the Burgundy we have booked. .

• Like Like x 1
  14. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let us know if it works! We'll be there in 2.5 weeks for 2 nights - checking in on a Saturday night. Haven't tried it, but after seeing the latest updates, I'm thinking it's worth the try.

15. ChicagoVegas

ChicagoVegas Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very much looking forward to our trip for our 10th anniversary in June now. Never tried the $20 trick. Hopefully the agent we get at the registration desk is as kind as the ones I have read about in your posts.
    Very nice.

16. RebelDiceMan

RebelDiceMan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got more than we could have hoped for when we went out for our recent wedding. :woohoo: We were in a foul mood due to airline troubles on our travel day. Got there at 6:30 AM for a 7:30 flight, boarded and de-planed the airplane twice before they finally admitted that the plane would not fly at 11:00. They then put us on a bus at noon and took us to another airport 90 miles away. We finally got in the air about 3:00 and got to Paris about 9:00 that night. Originally we would have been checking in around Noon Las Vegas time. We then tried the $20 trick along with explaining that we were in town for our wedding. Things immediately improved and our mood went from bad to glad. We were already in a Burgundy room and were mostly hoping for a high floor with a view. Instead we got a super nice corner suite 30 floors up. We could see the Bellagio fountains as well as most of the North strip. The super nice hotel registration clerk said that it was 1,000 square ft and I believe him. It had a total of four picture windows (3 in living/dining area..1 in bedroom). All that room helped because we had 6 other people in for the wedding and we had plenty of room for visiting and having drinks. We even joked that we could get up a poker game in the dining area with the 6 place dining room table. The bath was very nice with a deep jacuzzi tub and enclosed glass shower. I was really impressed with the TV at the foot of the bed which rose up out of a nice wood cabinet at the touch of the remote. The living area included a wet bar with sink and refrigerator. One handy thing was the 2nd guest bathroom located in the foyer. People didn't have to go thru the bedroom to get to a bathroom.
    So, the trick worked well for us at Paris. We were hoping for anything close to what we got at Paris when we would be moving over to Caesars in five days.
    BTW- when I put the "sandwich" on the counter, he asked "Is that for me?". I replied with a smile that it sure was. He then said: " well, let's see if we can find you something nice". When he mentioned the room type he was putting us in, it was all I could do to keep from breaking into a celebratory dance.

• Like Like x 3
  17. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I'm booked on a comp at Paris Nov 8-11- Veteran's Day weekend (get in Wed checking out Sat). Wanted to see what, realistically, a $20 could get me as far as an upgrade goes since I've stayed at pretty much all CET properties except Paris so I have little background here (still trying to switch to PH but it's not showing up as a comp on my calendar, yet lol).

I doubt anything significant but I've heard a lot of poor things about the standard rooms at Paris so my question is, is there some sort of realistically obtainable mini-suite of sorts for the $20 trick? I know it's a holiday weekend so this makes it tougher but Veteran's Day isn't the biggest weekend for Vegas, at least when compared to others from my understanding, so hopefully something is plausible.

thanks in advance guys!

18. Maxbet

Maxbet JACKPOT!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It all depends on occupancy. I stayed in early August with a Burgundy high floor booked. No suite upgrades available due to a huge convention at the hotel, although the website showed them available. I pressed a bit at check in, but no go. Possibly available suites upsold to others that day at check in. I have been upgraded to suites on previous stays without tipping and also upsold a few years back to a suite. Know what shows available before you arrive and inquire. Still happy with my 24th floor Eiffel/fountain view Burgundy room. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

19. Verboten72

Verboten72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wifey and I have a Red Room high floor booked for 3 days on a comp in a couple of weeks. We'll be celebrating our anniversary and hoping that a Sunday check-in gives us good upgrade availability. I'll report back with the $20-sammich results.

20. todd7764

todd7764 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 4 nights Red Room comp in Dec. Very interested in your result. I'd love a Burgundy room or better upgrade.

• Like Like x 1