1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Recommend a Limo Service

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by TylerH50, Mar 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm coming to Vegas in a few weeks. I'm there for a conference, and 4 of us are traveling together. I'm looking to book a standard limo to get from McCarran to the Venetian. I'm looking for cost effective but nice. Is there a particular company you would recommend. I've taken Presidential before, but I felt it was overpriced.

Thanks in advance!

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty much all are overpriced. Don't get me wrong.It is nice to ride in a limo, but that, a cab and uber all get your there in the same time. The pricing does not seem to vary too much.

3. blkshirt

blkshirt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed with nostreshere. The wife and I had a car from Omni, for New Years from McCarran to Planet Hollywood. It was a little steep for how quick of a trip it really was. It was nice to surprise my wife with it, but not that big of a deal. I'd go with Uber or a cab, honestly. Just more gambling money and less work on the expense report.

4. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used to use Presidential until I had 2 successive nasty drivers. Switched to Omni and so far have been very happy. Omni is very slightly cheaper but doesn't include the "champagne" that Presidential served, which was too nasty to drink. I stop at the liquor library and pick up some splits for the ride. No matter who you book, you get an hour from the time your plane touches down. I always ask for a ride down the strip before drop off. It gets me pumped up and I get to see all the sites without all the walking. One of the reasons I left Presidential is they started balking at taking 15 minutes to drive the strip. BS. The first time I used Omni I asked for a drive down the strip. Told him it was my birthday trip. He took me all the way downtown and back. We chatted and had a great time while I went through 2 of my splits. Next time I had a very knowledgeable driver who gave us lots of history and brought us in through the back of the Bellagio to see the only fire station on the strip, inside Bellagio. Worth the price to me. It's all about what you want out of your trip.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a crapshoot so to speak. There are good and bad drivers for every company. I had good experiences with Presidential the two times I used them but it's been a couple of years.

6. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You pretty much mirror my own experience w/Presidential then switching to Omni and stopping at the Liquor Library. It's a fun way to start a trip.

7. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all.

9. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FWIW, Bell and Presidential are owned by the same parent.

10. Packeral

Packeral High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're taking our kids with us in July (yeah I know kids in Vegas) and my 12 year old daughter would love a Limo ride. Omni sounds great the way you explain a trip down the strip. Our flight doesn't land until 9:30 that evening. Is that a problem? And where is this Liquor Library you speak of? Will the limo stop there ?

11. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Time of day shouldn't be a problem. Just meet your driver quick as you can, they measure the hour from the time your plane touches down. The liquor library is conveniently located at baggage claim. It is right at the base of the elevators. Not sure if there is one in the SW terminal, never been there.

Your driver should call or text you when he/she arrives. I either meet them, give them my luggage and run to the liquor store or stop at the store on the way. It's not the cheapest booze in town but not outrageous. They even gave me some free limes for my water once. Sometimes I might buy a bottle of wine for the room too.

Hope you and the kids have a great time!

• Like Like x 1
  12. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can make an Omni reservation for whenever you land. And the Liquor Library is by baggage claim.

• Like Like x 1
  13. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always had good experiences w/Bell. Sometimes the dispatch to arrival on the in can be longish (10-15 mins) but all my drivers have been friendly and professional, and have always arrived on time for the out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.