1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

does anyone here *not* rent a fridge @ the cosmo?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by random512, Mar 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. random512

random512 Low-Roller

Does anyone here *not* rent a fridge when staying @ the cosmo? A warm bottle of Fiji @ the cosmo is $10. For a 3-day weekend in Vegas I'd expect to drink a minimum of 2 bottles of water per day.

The cosmo charges $25 to rent a fridge for the duration of the reservation and 1L bottles of smartwater from CVS cost about $3/each after tax. So 6 bottles of warm cosmo Fiji would run $60 -vs- about $45 for fridge rental + 6 1L bottles of smartwater. Seems like a no-brainer to rent a fridge when staying @ the cosmo.

2. ItsVegasTime

ItsVegasTime Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never rented a fridge there. The terrace suite has a useable fridge, and if i'm in a one bedroom terrace with just the mini bar fridge we just keep a few bottles on ice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm usually in a Terrace Suite, but I've stayed in Studios and One Bedrooms. $25 for an entire stay is not bad; a lot of times at CET and MGM properties I ask for one and they end up not charging me for it (I think being upfront about the fact that you don't need it for medical purposes helps). Otherwise it's $20 - $25 a night.

Some of it depends on how long you're staying - the Studios and One Bedrooms have an open freezer section at the bottom of the minibar fridge. For a couple night stay, if all you need to do is keep water bottles cold, you can just move stuff in and out of the freezer, or make do with a wastebasket lined with a plastic shopping bag and filled with ice. If wanted to keep food (which is probably more common at Cosmo because of the nukes), I'd spring for the fridge.

4. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was able to find enough room in the fridge for a few items...never paid

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed there more times than I can recall and never once rented a fridge. When I'm in the wraparound, they have the wine fridge and I can use that. When I'm in a smaller room, there is space in the mini bar fridge to put a bottle or two if I need it. Plus, there are plenty of places close by to get or buy a bottle of water if I want one

I Need Spa
  6. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never stayed at Cosmo (yet) but I don't rent fridges at other places.

I'll spend like a fool on most shit in Vegas but I refuse to pay the ridiculous ransom they seek for bottled water at gift shops. Even if they're comped off I can use that money for comps on other things.

So I bought a soft sided collapsible cooler that I bring with me. It fits about eight bottled drinks in it and I fill it with ice each morning before I go out for the day.

On my way to the hotel from the airport I have the cabbie stop at CVS off strip and I buy a twelve pack of water and an eight pack of Gatorade.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Soft sided cooler, CVS , Gatorade.....smart

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No wonder those bottles in your room had condensation on them then... Seriously dude, you do this after every trip where you complain about minutia about where you stayed or what you did. Maybe Vegas just isn't for you?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  9. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I drink tap water.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never rented a fridge at Cosmo the 3-times we were there. We just bought bottled water from Target, and whenever we wanted to drink, we'd just go get ice down the hall and pour it into the glasses.

11. vetsen

vetsen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If anyone wants to be super cheap, they have free water in the fitness center. :ssst:

But seriously, if the price of water is an issue, why are you at Cosmo?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the original poster was saying why not rent a fridge if you plan on drinking bottled water that was listed. I have recently become a huge fan of Smart Water and when I'm in Vegas in a week and a half I'll probably buy 2 for each day.

But on the original topic, I've gotten a fridge every time at MGM and they have never charged me for it. Of course you can always say as Chuck said that you need it for medical purposes I.E. insulin etc and they will provide it for free.

13. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So lie to save a few bucks and possibly (not likely but it is possible) deny one to a person that actually needs one for medial reasons? The way some people think is astonishing to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just for the record, I said I specifically tell them I DON'T need it for medical purposes. Which I think is why they usually give it to me free - for not using that dodge.

15. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Seriously, they would deny a person who needs it because they ran out??? This isn;t some third world country. Suppose you pay for it, would they still run out and deny the person??? The way some people think is astonishing to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure why you wouldn't just walk to the CVS near Cosmo and buy six bottles of water there, as opposed to paying $10 a day at Cosmo (which IMO Is ridiculous for water). If you were stranded with no other options, then you wouldn't have a choice but there are several CVS or Walgreens locations nearby.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no need for my bottles of water to be cold. Room temperature water is just fine. There's another option, too,.....ice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On our last stay at PHO I inquired if the room had a fridge and the clerk said she would have one sent up at no charge. We went straight up to the room to drop off our stuff and there was already a fridge in the room. It was one of the remodeled Hip rooms.

Mark

19. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just use the mini bar. then since they are all weight calculated, I just explain that i did not take anything and they do not bill me for it. If you say you need a fridge for insulin or some other medication they pretty much have to give you a fridge for free.

20. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually stop at a local grocery store off strip, buy a Styrofoam cooler, fill it with ice at the room, and fill it with drinks from the grocery store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.