1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

eggslut recs?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by random512, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. random512

random512 Low-Roller

I ate at eggslut for the first time last weekend. There was a line of 50 people or so. I ordered the sausage, egg and cheese sandwich and honestly it was awful:

* I have a real weakness for sausage and I didn't even eat half of the sausage. It was probably the worst restaurant sausage I ever had
    * The cheese was in that weird slightly warmer than luke warm greasy state which was disgusting
    * I'm a bread-a-holic and I thought the bread was subpar. I didn't even eat all of it
    * The sandwich seemed to have a weird mayo base which I learned is pretty disgusting for an egg sandwich.
    * The egg on the sandwich was decent. Pretty hard to mess that up lol

I also ordered a biscuit. Popeyes biscuits are way better. Maybe I would put it on par with Hardeez or similar? So is there something better to order @ eggslut or a better way to order things?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Brad8173

Brad8173 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience was different - best breakfast sandwich ever!

Had the cheeseburger/egg and wife had bacon/egg - $5 OJ topped it off!

Will be back in a few weeks.

B

3. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has been a hit or miss for me. Some days it tastes amazing, other days not so much. I agree with you on the bread. The OJ is delicious though.

4. random512

random512 Low-Roller

The eggslut menu says they use "honey mustard aioli" but it seemed more like mayo on mine. Maybe they ran out of some ingredients on that day? It says they use "house made turkey sausage" so maybe their sausage maker was off that day? Honestly it was the worst sausage, egg and cheese sandwich I had ever had. McDonald's would have been way better. The "cheeseburger" and "gaucho" sound decent. Has anyone here tried the "slut" on their menu?

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was equally disappointed with HHAGG! What I wanted was a basic breakfast done properly and what I got was some kind of faux-foodie "creative" twist that was majorly overseasoned! My guess is that the same theme is playing in this place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. UTHguy

UTHguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went by there last trip. The line wasn't super long, but I looked over the menu and looked at the food people were getting. I just didn't get "it". I love great food - from diners to holes in the wall to fine dining. What I read and what I saw was nothing special. I think it's a great idea as a destination for drunk food or morning after hangover food, but not something I'd stand in a long line for.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a bacon egg and cheese and it was fine, nothing over the top and I wouldn't wait in line for it. I played craps while my wife stood in line, she had the slut. I liked the concept of the slut, probably could use a bigger jar for it though. I don't really get the hyp for the place either after my one experience. If I'm looking for a quick bite and there is no line I'd probably get it again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah an $8 eggamuffin, nothing wrong with it, but I'm not standing in line for that again unless I'm super desperate for hangover food.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sdebruyne

Sdebruyne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a sausage and egg sandwich on my last trip. It was ok, but I was not overly impressed. I didn't wait in a long line. If I had I would have been even less impressed. I probably won't go back. McDonald's is better and lower priced. But I prefer to have a sit down, cooked to order breakfast when I'm on vacation, not fast food.

10. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the Slut. I liked it, it was tasty and not too heavy. Part of the reason I liked it was because I wanted something easy to eat and not too filling. The coffee was good too.

11. random512

random512 Low-Roller

hmmm maybe I'll try the slut next time.

does anyone here know what the lines are like @ eggslut on friday/saturday nights around 3-4am?

12. monkeyshed

monkeyshed Highest Vegas Slot Jackpot in 45 Trips = $650

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm finding more and more of these restaurants where they have almost a cult following but really aren't that good and certainly not a good value. I think a lot of "followers" just agree blindly because everyone else seems to like it and its the hip thing to like, so we should do it too! I like to see the honest opinions who aren't afraid to say that truly, you're getting an Egg McMuffin for $8 instead of $2. I agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without any context, this statement sounds very raunchy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are the first person I've ever seen who was disgusted by eggslut.

15. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you didn't like it, then it just isn't for you - everyone is entitled to their own preferences.

However, I don't agree that mayo is disgusting for an egg sandwich - how else can you make egg salad? I make potato salad with egg and bacon and (yes) mayo. Egg and mayo go very well together.

16. Hurr1cane310

Hurr1cane310 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aioli is essentially mayo. It's just a different oil and can be made with other ingredients to give it flavor, but at the end of the day it will have the consistency of mayo and to many people the flavor.

I have had the sausage, egg, and cheese and have had the Slut. I thought both were good. I don't think people give enough credit to well cooked eggs. Everyone seems to act like because they can scramble an egg without burning it means eggs are easy. Really they are extremely delicate and complex. There is a dozen different ways just to scramble eggs plus the other hundred ways to make them. I will gladly pay the difference between eggslut and mcdonalds any day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me preface this by saying Ive never and would never wait more than 10-15 minutes in line for any food. You have to try it several times to figure out how you like your sandwich. The way its made directly from the menu is not the best it can be. Ive learned that with a couple modifications, the sandwich is amazing. Whoever made the menu didn't do a very good job at presenting the best egg slut has to offer. Simple is always better in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.