1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Visitor Strip advice needed

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in my work days I was considered the Vegas expert. One of my former co-workers just emailed me that they are going to Vegas for the first time in 10 years and wanted advise on what to see and do.

Well, we haven't stayed on the Strip in 20 years, so I just mentioned a few things that I thought were must see. The display at Belligio, a walk through Venetian/Platzo and maybe a gondola ride. Maybe a meal at Mon Ami Gabi or a meal on top the Effel Tower. I also mentioned the Mob Museum. I mentioned all the celebrity chefs that now have restaurants in Vegas.

He is a car nut so I did mention Dream Racing at the speedway.

So, what would you Strip people recommend that has changed in 10 years since they last visited? I don't know yet where they are staying or if they will have a car. Lets assume center Strip and no car.

I just thought of this. It's not new, but does the old IP car collection exist anywhere?

2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent idea! Thank you Richard!! I'll have to try it myself if I ever get to the Strip again.

4. nfajgmbr03

nfajgmbr03 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. wwcd

wwcd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the Auto Collection is still at the Linq. Worth it with a free coupon. There are sites with a printable free admission coupon, also saw a BOGO coupon. We go every couple years - the inventory changes.

6. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they are dedicated sight-seers, the Treasure Island pirate show is now the Sirens at TI. The shopping mall at Caesars now reaches to the Strip with a multi-story spiral escalator. Huge new park and beer garden near NYNY just opened.

7. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So much has changed in 10 years, I might recommend a crawl up one side and back down the other. How about breakfast at Mon Ami Gabi outside, weather permitting. Also, I love having a drink or two at sunset from a high vantage point and seeing the lights come on. The 107 Sky Lounge at the Stratosphere has happy hour, or they could have dinner in the restaurant. I'm a big fan of rooftop bars and I seek them out when traveling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all!!! I remembered he is a big connoisseur of beer, so I did recommend YardHouse at Linq.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. texasaggie07

texasaggie07 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The new promenade area between the Linq and Flamingo is fun to walk around and has things like In N Out Burger, a gourmet cupcake location, and much more if looking for a cheaper meal and is on the way to the High Roller.

10. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lake of Dreams at the Wynn? We typically will watch from the patio at Parasol Down lounge, but there are other vantage points.

Experience the mystery of the Lake of Dreams at Wynn Las Vegas. This secluded lake with a 40 foot waterfall, is surrounded by a lush forest and takes you away from the chaos and noise of the city. Enjoy the water and light show from various points around the lake including several restaurants and lounges. Free vantage points are also strategically located for optimal viewing. The shows begin at dusk and occur approximately every half hour until 12:30am daily. This is a free attraction.

11. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry - Sirens is gone- think it may be. CVS?

12. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The High Roller. We did a happy hour during the day and used groupon to get it reduced. Don't know if I would want to pay full price. I'm not saying it is a must every time you got to Vegas but we did enjoy it.

13. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly, most of the free attractions have remained the same, so they can go off what they knew from 10 years ago. Midstrip is mostly where all the change occurred, with CityCenter, the Cosmopolitan, Planet Hollywood, the Linq Promenade, and The Park. An exploration of those areas would probably be the way to go, and then they can do whatever it is they liked doing 10 years ago.

Yeah, it's been gone for years now.

14. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Strip days are mostly in the rear view mirror, but CVS would definitely be a better draw than the Sirens show. I mostly stay at Cosmo and I've always liked the tram behind City Center. It's a complete waste as far as practical transportation, but I enjoy the ride.

15. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out the Mirage volcano and Madam Tussaud's wax museum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.