1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Room Deposit and Back End Comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by ace707, Feb 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace707

ace707 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Vegas Comp Experts!

I'll be arriving at the Encore tomorrow for a short 1 night stay. I booked my room via a direct email offer (discounted room rate only, no other benefits). My question is since Wynn's policy is to deduct 1 night room charge as deposit upon booking a stay, is it still possible to have this charge reversed at the end of my stay (assuming my play warrants a room comp)? Or, can/should I only ask for additional charges to the room (ie food & gift shop purchases) to be considered for back end comping (compage =) ?

PS From what I've read and from Wynn's marketing dept, I need to play $250/hand BJ for 4 hour min. for RFB. I'm nowhere near that level averaging usually $50-$100/hand 3 to 4 hours a day. I imagine my action should warrant some level of back end comps, maybe even just the Resort Fee or a solo meal or 2? Any Wynncore insiders with insights/advice?

Lastly, do I just call the on-duty host (since I don't have a host) to inquire about back end comps just before I check out, or do I proceed to the check out counter and ask the staff there to contact the host?

Thanks very much in advance!! And I hope this 1st post of mine isn't completely useless to the community :p

A7

2. Miller12pack

Miller12pack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always go right to the host office and talk to whatever host is there.

3. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For that amount of play, you won't get much if any. But it NEVER hurts to ask. Like you stated, maybe they might take off the resort fee charges and give you a bigger discount on the room. Just go to the host office and ask if they can review your play for the trip/day and see if it warrants any additional discounts and/or back end comps.

Something to keep in mind also in reference to your average bets, $50 and $100 is not a big difference but differ enough when it can impact your back end comps slightly. At the end of your session(s), always ask what the pitboss what he has you rated at. Don't ever be shy to ask them that. It is their job to accurately rate you correctly. If he only saw you make $50 bets, meanwhile you were mostly averaging $100, at the end of the session this is where you can work that out.

Good luck.

4. ace707

ace707 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks both for your replies!

Regarding my avg bets, I've taken the advice from easy_money and others here who suggest always asking the pitboss for my session stats. I've done so on a couple of occasions and my play was rated fairly accurately (and one time generously). However, my on last trip,I forgot to ask before leaving. And when I phoned to inquire from the on duty host a couple of weeks later, I was disappointed in how I was rated. They had me down at $66 /h avg for 3 hours. I was actually there for over 5 hours and my bets ranged from $50 to $200 ($100 x 2 squares). Average should've been closer to the $100 mark. This is the exact scenario easy_money's talking about.

They also had an incorrect win/loss amount (they recorded a small loss when in fact I took a small win). I suspect part of my play didn't get recorded when I hopped tables 3 times. Mind you, I was in the same pit and the same PB was on the entire shift. The lesson I guess is to always ask the pitboss before leaving and work out any inaccuracies then.

With under $100 avg bet size, I realize I'm a pretty small fish at the Wynn properties. I haven't talked to an on duty host in person before. You guys figure in person is better than just a phone call? I guess action is action, and I shouldn't feel sheepish asking for what I might be entitled to...

Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.