1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Looking for Recommendations for African Safari Outfitters

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Flowers, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I am taking the plunge and am planning to visit the African continent for the first time ever for my 53rd birthday in August.

I am looking to fly in and out of Cape Town via Emirates, with a stop over in Dubai on the way back to NYC.

I have been doing a fair amount of online research and have purchased a couple of Fodor's books and read them both. With that, I'm still a bit overwhelmed in terms of making the big decision about what outfitter to use.

Micato comes highly recommended and it is also among the most expensive. The online reviews have been somewhat mixed, however, not because some critics think Micato is bad but because they believe it is overpriced for what you get.

Price is not much of a factor for me but I don't want to throw money away either. I am looking for a more high end safari experience, and with a lot of the details handled as this will be a solo trip (though traveling with the safari group), so I have checked out Micato, Ambercrombie & Kent and &Beyond online. The Micato safaris appeal to me most but I would appreciate comments from anyone who has gone on an African safari (or knows someone who has) or has booked with any of these companies for travel to other places.

Thanks in advance.

2. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure where you're located, but we're going to SA for two weeks in September. It's more than just a 'safari', but it's organised by Goway Travel which is based in Toronto. Lots of info on their website.

GG

3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey. Thanks for the info. I'm looking to do a lot of exploring in Cape Town with some safari stops in Kenya and Tanzania. I'm looking to travel about 14-17 days as well. Thanks for the info re: Goway.

I live in NYC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.