1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comedy shows

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Michael Sproles, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barcuss

Barcuss Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We would like to see a couple of comedy shows while in Vegas in late March. Any recommendations of comedy shows. Just about anyone other than Carrot Top, would not go if the tickets were free.

Thanks

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    vinnie and go see the top he is great

rich little was fun

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  3. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brad Garrett Comedy Club - usually has two comedians plus a "host" been there 3 times and always funny. Brad Garrett is there in March for some shows too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll disagree with you on Mr. Top :) But anyway, I've found the comedians to be mostly equal with the Vegas comedy clubs. Some are very good, some average, some not so good. Garrett's club is great when he's performing. It costs more but worth it. Vinnie Favorito is hilarious. But also not for the PC crowd. Everyone is a target. Saw him at the Flamingo and thought he was hilarious. One comedy show that was horrible was Sin City comedy. The two comics were barely out there and weren't funny. The "dancers" in between were lame. We were out of there in a little over an hour and happy to be leaving.

5. Barcuss

Barcuss Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well we are the complete opposite of political correct so probably would love to see that show.

6. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brad Garrett and Andrew dice clay are my two favorites, but like most i went to see carrot top without expecting much and he was hilarious, even saw it a 2nd time

7. pultzar

pultzar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second Vinnie and he definitely picks on on the crowd a lot (I was fresh meat). Regarding Carrot Top, everyone always responds the same way who doesn't know what his show is really like when I say I have seen him several times. There is a reason the show is rated so highly.... It is awesome. Tons of dick jokes and constantly updated. I think most people just can't get the annoying commercials out of their mind he was in during the 90's. Definitely in my top few entertainment acts I have seen in Vegas. I don't think I have ever heard someone say they did not thoroughly enjoy the show and how they had no idea it would be so funny.

8. Barcuss

Barcuss Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well maybe I should reconsider my thoughts on carrot top because I would fit into that category of forming an openion from the 90's.

Positive we will go see Vinnie though...

9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sure miss places like the Riviera Comedy Club and Second City at the Flamingo!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for the orange one. Absolutely LOL! One of the few acts we have seen twice and will see again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. secretmachines

secretmachines Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have seen Vinnie a few times. Good stuff. Sometimes Mirage will have a comedian in for the weekend. Hard to know when.

As to Carrot Top - he has probably sold more tickets than any other comedian in recent history. Good show.

13. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to CT several times with people who have never seen him live and weren't "fans" and all of them thought he was hilarious. And it's very affordable.

When Vinnie was at the Flamingo you could buy a CD right after of that nights show for $20 and it got you 2 free tickets to a future show. I don't know if he still does that but we went back to see him a couple of nights later. I don't know if he still does that.

14. offshorecca

offshorecca Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ralphie May, he was even funnier the Eddie Griffin. New headliner at Harrahs. He is pretty much a rated "R" comedian, but very spot on his comedy

15. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been to lots of comedy shows in Vegas. Carrot Top was hands down the best (have seen him twice actually). Only one close was Howie Mandel.

16. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Howie Mandel, wow, I saw him MANY years ago, late 80's and he was great.

Going to see Ralphie in May.

17. offshorecca

offshorecca Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Piff came to Houston several months back, Maybe because have already saw some of his stuff on TV be was a bit disappointed

18. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw howie Mandell in the penthouse of Sahara with maybe 20 people in the room. We stood up and walked out. I was a fan previously but it was painfull to watch don't think I laughed once. I still like howie but it was not good. Never seen carrot top I am another one that has read nothing but good about him but can't get past the 90's.

19. La$Vega$

La$Vega$ Fun until cops show up, then we play Hide n' Seek!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always recall CT pulling the items out of a trunk/suitcase etc. but his act has dramatically improved over the years.
    'Sebastian' is on my bucket list. He does'nt seem to be in Vegas when you go though
    http://sebastianlive.com/

Sebastian Maniscalco Stand Up - 2011

Sebastian Maniscalco Stand-Up 12/18/14 - CONAN

20. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Another Carrot Top vote. 1st row center was great, even picked on me. After the warm up guy he comes out and does 1:15 straight of non stop humor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.