1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

2017 Concert Scene

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Its Only Money, Feb 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So what is everyone going to see this year? I just got Metallica tickets for Chicago. I would love to see them in the smaller venue in Columbus in May, but I really have no interest in the full 3 day festival and the GA admission isn't that appealing to me. I'm debating going to Vancouver and Seattle for GnR over Labor Day. I want to go to U2 but haven't pulled the trigger on tickets yet. I'm hoping Pearl Jam announces a couple shows. I'm still debating the Megaticket for the venue in my hometown.

I love live music and have a wide range of tastes. So who are you all looking forward to coming to your home town or traveling to.

2. Slobberknocker

Slobberknocker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seeing Queen in KC, always been one of my favorites just wish it would have been with Mr. Freddie Mercury!

• Like Like x 1
  3. betman4711

betman4711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Muse with special guest 30 Seconds to Mars are touring together this year. Both are great live act's.
    We will see them in Austin on June 10th. Check them out!

4. starlight0229

starlight0229 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm heading to Vegas in April for the New Found Glory show at House of Blues. They are playing two of my all time favorite albums live.

5. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going to the Big Hair Metal festival in Colombia (M3) with bands like Ratt, Warrant, Great White, Cinderella, Dokken, Vixen. Bang Tango, Loudness, etc. then the Classic Southern Rock Festival that follows it with Charlie Daniels, Molly Hatchet, Outlaws, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Blackfoot etc. We're going to see Journey in Vegas, and The Choir in Va. Would like to see the Foreigner/Cheap Trip/Led Zeppelin Tribute during the summer as well. Iron Maiden is coming to town also, but the tickets are insanely expensive. And, I must say that I am going crazy with the fees the ticket services add- almost 25% at times! Kinda like the resort fees in Vegas. Tickets $100 each, plus $20 convenience fee plus $5 venue fee! Iron Maiden tickets were $200 plus $30 convenience fee! Five hundred bucks for SWMBO and me! I dunno......

• Like Like x 1
  6. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are ahead to Bruno Mars in March. Lady GaGa in august then hopefully make it to Iheart radio concert in September; we went to 2016 concert and it was probably best concert I been to.

7. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Jan 2017 I went on a Rock Legends Cruise and saw just to name a few;

Pat Benatar, REO Speedwagon, Don Felder (Eagles), The Marshall Tucker Band,
    Thin Lizzy, Todd Rundgren, Mark Farner, Rick Derringer & Creedence Clearwater Revisited.

Next up
    Tom Petty (for the 3rd time) with Joe Walsh as his Opening Act
    Bruno Mars

*And I'm thinking about maybe Lady Gaga but have not bought tickets yet

8. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm seeing Journey and Asia at Treasure Island (MN) in July.

My favorite concert will be my minions' spring concert at school in May, though. They are my favorite rockstars! :D

RICHARD

• Like Like x 2
  9. firemanpete3

firemanpete3 Low-Roller

Seeing Red Hot Chili Peppers open Summerfest in Milwaukee in June. Hoping Jimmy Buffett does his annual Alpine Valley stop again.

• Like Like x 1
  10. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    James Taylor & Bonnie Raitt at Wrigley field. Also hoping to score some U2 tics.

11. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only show I have on my docket is Joe Bonamassa at the Pabst Theater in Milwaukee in a couple of weeks. My spouse is going to see Neil Diamond at the end of May in Chicago with her sister and our 2 daughters. I am renting them a limo as a thank you for not taking me along! :woot:

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are seeing them in Fargo in March.

13. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Waiting for the Downtown Events Center to announce it's full summer schedule.

14. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have tickets for Tom Petty in Austin in May. Wanted to get tickets to his show at Wrigley and make a vacation of it but they sold out very quickly.

Funny story - a good friend of ours has a 16 year old daughter who for some inexplicable reason is a big Neil Sedaka fan. How strange, right? But she loves him. So we are going with them in April to Fort Lauderdale to see Neil Sedaka live. I'm 50 and he's a bit before my time even, but it's a fun excuse to get away to FL for a bit. Tagging on a couple days in Ft Myers to visit my parents and sister.

Hoping to see Bruno Mars when he comes to Austin this summer but don't have tickets yet.

15. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every two summers or so, my sister, myself, and a mutual friend live out our childhood dreams and hit up NKOTB when they go on tour. This year they're on tour w/Boyz II Men and Paula Abdul. So we'll most likely go to Philly for that one.

• Like Like x 1
  16. zolar31

zolar31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wife rickrolled me. I got dragged to a Rick Astley concert at Mohegan Sun about a week ago.
    I was surprised. It was a good show. He even played the drums and sang (at the same time) Highway to Hell.

• Like Like x 1
  17. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Peter Frampton playing an acoustic tour at a 3000 seat venue, followed in the summer by U2

18. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dead & Company Vegas
    Tom Petty Seattle
    U2 Seattle
    .....so far

• Like Like x 1
  19. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Bonamassa show will be great.

I'm going to see Petty again this year, he's always great. Otherwise there isn't much out there that I want to see in 2017. So far anyway

20. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No biggies lined up yet - waiting for summer events locally to open up and will go see a few. I have tickets for Southside Johnny at Seneca in couple weeks. Saw Chris Rock last night at Fallsview if that counts...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.