1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

dj vice -vs- dj mustard?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by random512, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. random512

random512 Low-Roller

I'm thinking about checking out marquee on the weekend of 02/24-02/26. DJ Vice is playing on Friday. DJ Mustard is playing on Saturday. I watched some of their live performances on YouTube.

DJ Vice's set seems to be edgy and almost a bit angry. DJ Mustard sounds like he basically just gets his set from LA 92.3 The Beat. I think DJ Vice's set could wear on me pretty quickly. Have you been to one of his shows?

Does the crowd at DJ Mustard shows tend to be more ghetto? I've seen YouTube vids of him playing at mainstream events like Red Rocks and Coachella. I like 92.3 The Beat and DJ Mustard's music but I'm a mainstream guy so prefer a more mainstream crowd. Have you been to one of his Vegas shows?

2. random512

random512 Low-Roller

I found the following vid of DJ Mustard playing @ coachella 2016:

Seems like a good show. I might prefer a Zedd, Marshmello or Calvin Harris but my options in Vegas for the weekend of 02/24-02/26 seem pretty slim. DJ Mustard seems like a decent show to get the party started on my first night in Vegas.

Based on other YouTube vids I've seen, DJM seems to have refined his set for the mainstream club crowd.

3. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious, is DJ Mustard the guy who starts with, Mustard on the Beat? (I suddenly feel kind of old, lol).

4. random512

random512 Low-Roller

lol I never heard of him before this weekend so I have no idea. From what I understand he's a big player in the LA hip hop scene. I'm a fan of LA hip hop and it seems like he's done a pretty good job of adapting the mix for the mainstream club scene so I think he's worth checking out

5. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes he is absolutely the "Mustard on the beat" guy lol. :haha:

6. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Marquee doesn't attract a "ghetto" crowd. Just go to either show and have fun. It's Vegas.

7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it sounds like a game off clue

8. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haw!

9. BlackEight88

BlackEight88 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DJ mustard is pretty good. Saw him in Boston when he opened for Skrillex on the mothership tour a few years ago

• Like Like x 1
  10. random512

random512 Low-Roller

Looks like DJ Vice has modernized his set and he has multiple gogo dancers @ Marquee ftw
    I'd like to see DJ Mustard sometime but I had a hard time finding a DJ I liked for Friday and didn't want to goto the same club 2 nights in a row.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.