1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Online check-in

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by PTSailor, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PTSailor

PTSailor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone have any experience with the online checkin process at CET hotels? Is this how people get stuck with the crappiest rooms and views, or am I just passing up a chance for the $20 trick? It's a go mini-suite so how badly can I get hurt?

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I check-in online all the time, and I am more concerned with speed at checkin, so I have no problem with it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SaltyNutSnack

SaltyNutSnack LSU Baseball

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I check in online & use the kiosk at the CET resorts, but i've never been to concearned about room view or type just as long as it is clean and not run down too bad. I'm only in there to shower, sleep (few hours) & to f...k

• Like Like x 1
  4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As said above if you don't care about what floor you're on or the view then do it. You'll still get the room type you reserved. When I stayed at the Flamingo last year there were a lot of "technically challenged" people using the kiosks. It was taking some of them FOREVER to check in and the lines were pretty long at the kiosks on a Sunday afternoon. Flamingo had a couple of people to help people on the kiosks but the regular check in line was going faster.

5. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not but may try. My only concern is when I check in we have the obvious, trying for a better room. But for me, I like to ask them to waive the credit card holds, I just don't want money held that does not need to be. Not sure it can be don on a kiosk but usually the desk attendant is happy to do it.

6. gotpunk

gotpunk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where have you had luck waiving the hold? I am staying at the linq. What did you say/ask.

7. wolfdog

wolfdog Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just stayed 3 comped nights at the Flamingo, Fab Exec, Strip view. Did not do online or kiosk. Just walked into the VIP room, and I'm only Platinum. Too easy.
    Got the Exec by emailing a random host, telling him I'd read some bad Fab reviews, and asked that he not put me in one of them. Normally, I'd grease the clerk a 20, about half the time, but only if I know exactly what I want, not just asking for a random upgrade. Like "room with 2 sinks" or "extra comfortable bed, since wife has back issues". In other words, I find out ahead of time, the room differences, and what would be a reasonable upgrade they'd give me.Some people would say, "Oh, you'd get the same thing by just politely asking." First, neither I, nor they, have any idea what's available, or what the policy is that day. Second, $20 is a tip I don't mind giving. Win-win.
    Your mini-suite sounds good. Have fun.

Go Pack!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  8. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you have a Go mini suite I think you're good to go, so to speak! I always get an email telling me how to on-line check-in, but I figure that will prevent me from trying the $20 sandwich, so I ignore that email. So far I've always gotten minor upgrades; Fab Executives i/o Fabs. But, I sure do like that refrigerator!

9. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never had a hold, always had it waived, NYNY,Excal, Flamingo, Golden Nugget, Flamingo, Mandalay Bay.

I usually ask if there is a way to skip it, I don't want to charge to my room and since I usually am getting the lower tier rooms they have no problem with it. I did the $20 trick at Flamingo and got a better room and she was willing to waive it.

Mandalay Bay told me that any room above their basic room there is not a way to skip it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PTSailor

PTSailor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in from the airport during the layover in Chicago. Arrived and went to the kiosk (my Platinum upgrade from the TR Visa hadn't cleared yet... still hasn't 40 days later, but that's a different story) and went up to my room 25040... Had a great view of the Bellagio Towers, the Drai's pool, and a decent bit of the strip. The Go Mini Suite is good layout, and the room was better than expected. There were some shortcomings (TV in the bathroom mirror didn't work, stereo had the left channel out making it a mono, and there was a noticeable lack of places to put your clothes as there was no dresser in the room) but two couches, a walk-in shower and separate tub, a second TV over the bed... If you get a chance at one of these rooms, give it a go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.