1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo 1 bedroom and morning light.

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by ItsVegasTime, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsVegasTime

ItsVegasTime Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I stayed in a 1 bedroom terrace February 2016. I loved the room (and tub!) but the light from the large bathroom window flooded into the bedroom even with the wooden blinds closed. It made sleeping in difficult as I am sensitive to light when I sleep.

November 2016 we stayed in a Terrace Suite, and I loved it and had the best sleep ever.

April 2017 we are redeeming another offer but this time we are put up in another 1 bedroom terrace (Dang, I loved the terrace suite!). I'm trying to plan ahead a way to fix the light issue. Perhaps the room we had just had odd blinds that didn't close well or something and it won't be a problem this time. Has anyone else who has stayed in the rooms noticed the light coming in very early? I wish they had a pull down black out shade in the large bathroom window or something, since the wooden blinds separating the bedroom from bathroom clear glass really doesn't fully stop the light.

2. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    can you turn the light off in the bathroom?

3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure from the title, the OP meant morning sunlight, not the bathroom light.

4. ItsVegasTime

ItsVegasTime Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I am talking about morning sunlight coming in through the large window above the tub, and flooding into the bedroom which has 2 large glass windows to see into the tub and shower area from the bed. There are wooden blinds to close but they are not black out shades, so a good amount of light still floods into the bedroom.

5. Osceola

Osceola Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've experienced the same issue. It is my one and only knock on the Cosmo 1BRs which are otherwise my favorite room in Vegas for when I'm there with my girlfriend. I think it depends on where your room is though - we've stayed in 1BRs in both the east and the west tower, and I only really noticed the light issue when I was in the west tower. I'm sure it matters which side of the tower you're on too. It wasn't enough to wake me up there was no way to make the room pitch black after an all nighter, and that sucked.

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen someone else mention this. Unfortunately I don't have access to specific room numbers any more, so I don't know if there are One Bedrooms on the west-facing side of each building, but that's what you'd want to ask for at check in. 2nd best would be north-facing (the fountain side).

7. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the Japanese soaking tub in the terrace one bedroom is really important, ask at check in for a room that doesn't have a morning sun exposure. We have found we like the Terrace Studio King better than the One Bedroom - no Japanese soaking tub - but the bathroom is just off the entry and does not have an exterior window. And no morning issues with light filtering in. Agree with you, the terrace suite is great.

Some good pics of the layout of the Terrace Studio vs Terrace One Bedroom on Cosmo's website.
    Hope you get that perfect location!

8. ConnieKeen

ConnieKeen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you tried a sleep mask? I take mine in case I get assigned one of those rooms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.