1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

When going from gold to platinum or diamond

Discussion in 'Comps' started by kansaisupra, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kansaisupra

kansaisupra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I make platinum at CET, do I still need to get a new "platinum" card or does the system already know I'm platinum?

My question is in regards to parking. When CET starts charging for parking, if I'm already platinum do I still need to physically get the platinum card or can I use my gold card to get free parking by activating the gates

Thanks

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would GUESS that it is all tied to the number on your card, but I could be wrong.

I know I have used expired cards and even cards of the wrong color and slot machines are fine with them.

On the other hand, if you have to HAND the card to somebody, you would have a problem. Even of the still swipe it. You could get some power hungry person telling you no way!

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They haven't released any info on how parking will be setup. It's easy to speculate they will do the same thing as MGM does with their player's card, but it's still speculation. Your best bet is to get a new card when you reach a new tier.

4. jon_vegas

jon_vegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah depends on how CET implements it. Your gold card should be ok if you have to swipe it since it is tied to the account. but if someone actually looks at the card then you will probably need to get a new one with the expiration on it. Still waiting on how CET will handle things. My last trip a couple of weeks ago - visited Bally's/Paris, Linq, Harrah's and Rio parking lots and they were still free.

5. offshorecca

offshorecca Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The system will recognize you are platinum, the only difference would be if you need to show someone vs the computer already knowing.

6. ducc

ducc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as for valet, you need your card or login in to your account to show you are the level you say you are. For other parking, the machine they have scans the ticket and then asks to insert your card. The tier level will be recognized in the system the same way it is as if your playing a machine.

7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anytime your status changes upward its best to get a new card as it can make some things easier.
    For example, some restaurants allow you to cut in front with a certain status.
    It makes it easier to simply show the card and get seated.
    You may also be in an area that may not have computer access readily available possibly in a parking garage, valet or cab line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.