1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sunday is the best day to book travel

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Bernie2, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A recent study by Expedia and Airlines Reporting Corp (ARC) based on thousands of flights in 2016 found the best prices on weekends and especially Sunday. Numbers were crunched by Expedia and were gathered by ARC, online and brick and mortar agencies. Flights within the US were 11% cheaper. Flights from the US to Europe were 16% cheaper and from the US to Asia 10% cheaper. As usual good luck on finding the best fare.

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hard to say. I check out the prices all the time on Hawaiian and I find that the days with the highest prices are Monday, Friday and Saturday. At the same time Sunday prices are also high IMHO. On Hawaii the best days to book are Tuesday and Wednesday, with Thursday not far behind.

But that is JMHO and is based on checking airline prices for a few years.

It used to be Tuesdays with the best prices, maybe the airlines got wind of this and are keeping their prices high even on Tuesday. But the past few years I've been booking the best prices on Tuesday and Wednesday.

3. steveks225

steveks225 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked a flight on SWA for 5/15-5/20 from STL. Frontier and Southwest are the only carriers flying nonstop from STL to LAS. Frontier is cheaper, but there's an opportunity cost for bag and seating fees, more convenient times to fly, and finally on SWA you don't have to do the Frontier two-step where you have to get off in Terminal 1 and then take the tram to Terminal 3 to pick up your luggage and determine your transportation choices. By the way, I booked on Sat. January 28th.

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tuesday used to be the best day according the the "experts". Personally I book when I know my dates and then keep checking (if I'm flying Southwest as there is no charge to rebook). If I'm not flying Southwest I may wait to pull the trigger depending on the price. I've taken enough Vegas flights to know "good" and "bad" prices :)

5. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I also thought Tuesday Nights and Wednesday mornings are the best time since most of the flights "refreshed" and getting ready for the weekend price gouging

6. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fly West Jet out of Canada and they are still saying Tuesday and Wednesday are the cheapest.

We are toying with a quick April trip. A couple of weeks ago we could do the end of April for about $1100 for the pair of us.

Was waiting on sale or a sale code. The sale came. Price went to $1400 for the same time.

Some savings. I hate airlines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.