1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How is Sage?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Jidery, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jidery

Jidery Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planning on using a $150 Vdara credit there (front desk said usable at Aria) for a dinner with my Girlfriend. We've always wanted to try a "foodie" place with a tasting menu so we'll do the prix fixe tasting menu.

Hows the service and food? Is it worth over $100 per person? If we want a "tasting menu" is this the best option in Aria?

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go to Julian Serrano and create your own tasting menu from the tapas plates.

Sage is solid. others rave about it. I think its good, with solid service, but there are multiple places at Aria I like more than it

I Need Spa
  3. Jidery

Jidery Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Julian Serrano looks solid, we're looking for amazing food and a romantic atmosphere, we normally can't afford a fancy restaurant as we're two college kids so we want this meal to be special. Would Julian Serrano fit that?

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm one of those who raves about it - love Sage! But it's hard to pinpoint a "best" option at Aria. I think it has the best restaurant lineup in Vegas. :feedme:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sage has a more romantic atmosphere. The JS is very nice too, but Sage is better in that respect. JS has better food

I Need Spa
  6. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Noooooooooooo! Not to your quote.....what happened to "Obscene, totally undignified, but so cute, cat pic?" That was a VMB Icon Carve...next you're going to take away "Misanthrope"...the horrors are just beginning! :(

7. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay okay...I can't deprive anyone of "The Badger"! I very much doubt you need to worry about me changing my mind about people though (present company excluded, of course!;)).

8. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This made my WHOLE weekend seeing this go back up Carve, it really is iconic!

On your title, so glad that's not changing. Back in school when I played games online, my screen name was "MissAnthropic" a play on words, so your name definitely brings,a smile to my face.

Have a great weekend, and glad to see "The Badger" back in action!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The cool thing about Sage is they have a "beer pairing" option for the tasting menu (at least they did several years ago when we went). My wife and I always do tasting menus with wine pairings but this was the only time I was able to do a beer pairing.

10. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

I love Sage. Been dozens of times and it never disappoints. They do it all really well, and the menu is always changing to highlight seasonal ingredients.

11. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I love Sage - we had an incredible meal there and the atmosphere is perfect for creating that one on one feeling. JS is very good and offers more options but the atmosphere is a lot more open and restaurant-ish (while Sage allows the experience to feel more personal).

My wife did the prix fixe menu and I just ordered an app and entree. We both got to eat some unique things we hadn't had before and always try to plan a meal there when we come to town.

Sage gets a +1 over JS for a quiet, romantic dinner in my opinion

12. Madchef

Madchef Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate at bar at sage twice and was great, Oxtail crostini, and veal sweetbreads. Also great drinks bloody mary from heirloom tomatoes and a bourbon drink that marinated in peaches. However when I sat for dinner not as great for me. Maybe the thrill was gone.
    Julian Serrano is good also, a lot of choices can sometimes disappoint as some dishes better than others. But still solid, and always good wines by the glass.
    Bardot Brasserie is a good choice as well.
    However if I was taking my wife or a date to impress I'd go right to Carbone. Hands down, romantic food is great, service, great, ambiance best of all above restaurants imo.for a romantic dinner.
    But really probably nitpicking cause food is my life long trade. Enjoy! all of them are good, Carbone just tops.

13. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been to Sage a half dozen times and have always enjoyed my meal.Service has been very good too.
    It is not my first choice at Aria though.It is probably just me but I have always found the menu somewhat limited.
    Love the food at JS but for your purpose it does not sound like the right option.
    Top two choices for me would be Carbone or Jean George.
    Tasting menu at Jean George is fantastic and not overly expensive.
    I have to agree with Madchef on Carbone.It has become a must on every trip (last trip twice).

14. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did not enjoy Sage as much as you guys seemed to.
    The night I went ...perhaps it was an "off" night?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.