1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Who's Got the Best Tier Benefits (Grazie, Cosmo, or TR?)?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by luck.ofthe.draw, Feb 9, 2017.

?

Best tier benefits?

Poll closed Feb 19, 2017.
  1. The Cosmopolition

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. The Venetian/Plazzo

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. Total Rewards (excluding 7*'s)

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. The Golden Nugget

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hoping I posted this in the right spot.... Regarding tier benefits (not including marketing comps), out of the Venetian, Cosmopolitan, and the Golden Nugget, who has the best?
    ***I am not looking at the highest tier for each either, but maybe the 2nd highest, as those seem to be more attainable.

I have been focused on moving up the ranks at The Cosmo, and plan to hit Sterling on my trip next weekend. I would be satisfied making Gold by the year's end.

The Cosmo appeals to me because
    I love all of the restaurants (Jose Andres AND Christina Tosi?! + The Wicked Spoon is my favorite). I like that each tier specifies at least 1 or 2 free nights per year, regardless of the marketing offers based on your play, etc. I am considered a low-roller except for my 1 big "splurge" trip a year, and plan on accumulating most points through food purchases (I've budgeted $500+ for food this 3-day trip alone).

That said, if I'm not gambling thousands upon thousands each trip (more like $500+ over the course of 2 nights on average, going 4-8x/yr), is the Cosmo my best option?

2. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your gambling bankroll is $500 for a 2 night trip and you are getting free rooms from the cosmo then I would stay with them if you like the hotel and dining options. Of the other for free rooms I would say GN and CET.. I would think you would have a hard time moving up to 2nd highest tier in any of the rewards clubs unless you go very often.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the Cosmo tier program. Simple and not insanely hard to rise up the ranks. I intend to try to make the Sterling to Gold jump this year, not because I'm really chasing the benefits but because I love the Cosmo and if I'm going to low roll somewhere it might as well be the place I'd prefer to stay/play. I put in a decent amount of coin-in at Venetian on my last trip but not a sniff of an offer since. Their tier program seems more geared toward mid-high rollers.

Can't speak to GN.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play for comps and I don't play at any of the places OP listed. Just saying.

5. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo Gold has been nice. Working towards platinum right now.

Total Rewards is great too though. Diamond Celebration Dinner ($100), Diamond Lounges, etc.

Where do you play?

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's difficult to rate them because people are going to have different stay/play/spend habits. Some people think jumping cab lines is priceless, while I think it's worth zero. And I've been CET Diamond I think the last 4 years but have never been in a Diamond Lounge.

My take on the tier values for my own stay/play/spend habits is this:

MLife - virtually none. MLife has recently "added value" to tier levels by not charging for parking, and by keeping the expiration of your ExpressComps at 12 months instead of reducing it to 6. That's ridiculous. The tier bonuses for ExpressComps and PointPlay are insignificant.

CET - the Diamond Celebration dinner and exemption from resort fees are decent. I don't think the lower levels offer much if anything of value, except small discounts.

V/P - not as familiar with them as I used to be, but I don't think you really get much until Platinum which requires a really significant amount of play, and even then, it's mostly perks like lounge access and limo from the airport. It takes $250 in theo on slots (let's call it $2,500 coin in) to get $15 in freeplay at the base level; at Gold, you'd get $22.50 in freeplay for the same coin in. At least that's a significant jump (50%), compared to MLife.

Cosmo - Sterling at Cosmo is probably the best tier value, for a couple of reasons:
    • It comes with one free night.
    • You go to 2x multiplier on slots for freeplay
    • It's very reachable, since Cosmo gives 5 tier credits for each $1 of hotel spend

By the way, if you do make Sterling on your next visit, try to use your Sterling comp night on the trip after that - if you make Gold on the subsequent trip, you'll still get 2 additional free nights for making Gold. If you make Gold before you use your Sterling night, you lose it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Lmarl72936

Lmarl72936 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think TR is the best. They give out free rooms often almost anytime you want. Im a low diamond and I pretty much have a free room anytime I want. Even on Construction Expo days in March and on NYE. Also, I vacation often. I like to travel and go to different places. Because of TR, Last year I stayed free when I went to AC, Kansas City, Tahoe, Laughlin and this year stayed for free in Biloxi and New Orleans. Been a TR fan since 2015. Prior to 2015 I stayed exclusively at Mlife properties which is really big on free play and food comps vs hotel room. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  8. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you everyone for your input and discussion!

I tend to get free rooms throughout the year at various TR properties (including Rincon in San Diego), but I am only a Gold member. Combined with my boyfriend's Platinum card, we're pretty good thee. @Lmarl72936 I agree that TR is a good one, particularly if you like to travel. I have heard that Diamond has some amazing perks....one of my former bosses hit Diamond a few years back and has held it ever since, she noted the lounges are pretty neat, along with free rooms on top of free rooms.

I see no appeal to MLife, and getting free or reduced stays thanks to MyVegas is enough for me there as well.

Thank you @Chuck2009x for the in-depth examination of CET, V/P and Cosmo. I already tend to get some free nights from Cosmo just to get me back, so I figured pulling through the ranks for guaranteed comp nights would be nice. And thanks for the tip on the free night stay! That is good to know!

I think I will continue moving up with Cosmo, but am curious to what V/P has to offer in the grand scheme of things. I do love dining at Bouchon....lol.

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just remember that benefits directly tied to your tier level are completely separate from benefits tied to your play level.

Of course, they're indirectly related, since the more you play, the higher your tier.

But my assessment was based just on what you get specifically for crossing a tier threshold, not on who gives the best overall comps for play.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Precisely what I was lookin' for, @Chuck2009x - thank you! :)

11. TomS

TomS Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not supprised Venetian/Plazzo is last. Their reward program has been going downhill the last few years. I stop going after 2015 and from what I hear have'nt been missing much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Biggest problem I had with all of these were losing your reward credit or whatever all of them use. At least with CTE I can use the TR Visa and never lose credit otherwise if I go to any of these in May of one year and then not go until Aug of the next, I've lost everything. Am I wrong?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.