1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Chase sapphire reserve 100k bonus ending soon

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by abraxis, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aloha,

For those of you who like to earn and burn miles/ points/ etc., the chase sapphire reserve 100k bonus will be reduced to 50k after January 11. I was putting off my application, but this has caused me to apply this morning.

Allegedly, this January 11 reduction date only applies to online applications and u may still be able to walk into a chase branch up until March to receive the higher bonus. However, for the other islanders on the board, that isn't so easy.

It's a great card since, besides the 100k sign up bonus, you get an annual $300 travel credit, priority pass select membership (for airport lounges), $100 global entry or pre-check credit, and some other things.

Source: The points guy.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do like the card and thanks for sharing,..I have chase sapphire unlimited and sapphire preferred...also chase freedom!!! With than in mind I been putting off applying for reserved as well..don't really need it...however those 100k points are awesome not to mention all those perks. Um... what to do.....:goofy:

3. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They pretty much pay you to get the card. The $300 travel credit is calendar year not tied to your annual fee. For those of us that got the card in 2016, we got $300 credit and now get another for 2017. So we could cancel our card before annual fee and we would get $600 credit for the single $450 annual fee. Those getting it now should be able to get 2017 and 2018 credit from one annual fee.

Not to mention the 100k points which is worth 1.5 times if purchase travel through chase. Which is also true for any points you transfer from other UR cards.

I will keep the card because of its benefits but my wife will cancel hers before next annual fee. I will use the chase unlimited for my primary card and use reserve for travel and dining.

4. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sapphire unlimited? Perhaps you mean freedom unlimited.

Most "experts" say to get the reserve and the 100k points. Then cancell the sapphire preferred. Reserve is a $150 per year card ($450-300) compared to $95 for the preferred. If you want to cancel it, you can get two $300 credits. Not to mention the priority pass select and global entry........

5. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Kinda lame that the $95 card uses the same material as the $450 card. Once (if) they cut the $300 credit, I'll have to switch cards again, but for now I do enjoy using the card. 3 points on dining can't be beat!

6. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I do agree gett he card then close preferred however, I need to get two there people on my cards... and I believe chase charges extra to add more people... so will see what happens.

7. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reserve is $75 to add an authorized user.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This card is worth it. I got this right before I went to Atlantis.

I've already used the $300 travel credit making the net cost $150. That's reduced to $50 in the first year once I get Global Entry.

We used the Priority Pass for the Graycliff Divans airport lounge in NAS. Right there they gave us two $20 credits for food and drinks.

I'm almost at the $4000 spend already.

From there, I plan on getting the

Hyatt Card
    IHG Card
    Club Carlson Card
    I already have Marriott Rewards Visa.

All these cards give you a free night just for having the card. Club Carlson gives you enough points for a night.

The other cards I'm considering

Ritz Carlton
    Citi Prestige
    Amex Platinum
    SPG Amex

I'm waiting for better points offers tho'.

9. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't really find the Amex Platinum worth the yearly fee anymore

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I almost got it before the Reserve. I like that you get more airport lounges but I dislike how you have to apply the $200 airline fee credit.

The Ritz Carlton Visa Infinite seems beastly.

$300 travel credit
    $100 airline ticket discount and it's NOT per year but per itinerary.
    $100 hotel fee credit (like dining, spas, and such) on bookings 2 nights or more. That's NOT per year either.

I will get that after I get the Hyatt, IHG, and Club Carlson cards.

What I like about travel credits is that the category is broad. I can put my EZPass toll costs on there. LOL

I can easily eat up $600 in travel credits in a year between two cards. I can eat up $1200 in travel credits easily if I had 4 premium cards.

Also, Amex Platinum lounges are just for you. Reserve gives me theoretically unlimited guests in Priority Pass.
    I hate that I can't use the digital card app and I MUST have the card tho'. Reserve will give a credit twice a year if you forget the card, however.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please clarify. I am sure you did not mean you get $100 for every itinerar.

12. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I did.

edit: and this is for roundtrip flights and it can be different carriers for each direction.

2-5 people ($100 total discount)
    No discount carriers (Frontier, Allegiant, Spirit, Southwest, etc)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  13. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also don't forget that you can transfer your points usually at a 1:1 ratio and sometimes better.

My 100,000 Ultimate Rewards points COULD be 100,000 Marriott Rewards points.

If these cards don't offer great signup bonuses, they can kick rocks until they do.

Chase Sapphire Reserve cut their bonus in HALF so now sites are only recommending the Preferred. LOL

It's hilarious that the MLife card gives you Pearl status yet you can get the same status with MGM by having the Hyatt card.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you tell me more about these $20 credits? I'll be using the priority pass for the first time at the VX loft at LAX next week. I was under the impression that the PP card gets you in for free, then you get whatever is normally comped for any guest.

What were the $20 credits for? Do you mean that the lounge gave them to you, or Chase credited your account after you spent the money on non-comped items in the lounge?

I've read about the VX loft offerings online, sounds like beer and wine are comp, but mixed drinks cost money. If I order mixed drinks and pay for them with my Reserve card, will Chase credit my account?

15. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, that's the odd way Graycliff did it. $20 and that's ALL you get at Graycliff.

To your last, no.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm so wanting this card but stil haven't pulled the triggered yet...Im pre approved status at my local branch but my biggest thing if I wanted give card to my wife I have to pay additional 75.... btw when you use lounge it's just for card holder right? Say I couldn't take my wife in right? But once I add her (paying $75) then she can go in herself?

17. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But I just love that idea getting $300 airline credit that's great offers from chase which bring down annual fee to $150 man but I have sapphire preferred, chase freedom and unlimited. Lately I been using nothing but unlimited and preferred.....

18. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also I just noticed this from chase the reserve signing up bonus is at 50,0000 points only

19. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to clarify, the lounge is the Priorty Pass lounges... limited lounges in the states. It is easy to find them online.

If you get your wife a card, it counts the same to Chase as opening a card as to the 5/24 rule. Avoid doing that in most cases. Also, I guess you know, if you get the card in the branch, the 100,000 still exists. Even at 50k, it is still worth it. You could have you wife get a card in her name too. Since getting one for my wife (I am over 5/24).. we have gotten $600 in travel credits, visited a few lounges, gotten the 100,000 miles worth $1,500 in travel, or move to some other airline programs - your choice.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  20. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow damn way to go!!! Good job .... I just don't like opening c.c. But this one is so worth it lol. It does offer great benefit... and branch still offers 100k bonus? Wow very tempting lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.