1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Raleigh looking for a 2*+ for weekend this month

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Bernie2, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm planning a trip to Raleigh and looking for a decent 2*+ plus in the area. I would prefer a quiet property location not that important. Might there be a good site for this area ? Thanks

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just went to hotels.com and found 232 hotels in Raleigh. When I clicked on 2* - none came up - LOL!

I would look at hotel.com and travelocity to search. I then usually book direct with the hotel once I find one. Sometimes I book via the site as they have a deal with breakfast or upgrade or something.

3. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very much appreciate the response and quickly at that.

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Raleigh is a pretty big geographic area - is there anything specific you want to do? Do you want to be downtown, suburbs, airport?? I have a few brands that are my favorite (courtyard marriott, hilton garden, hyatt place, embassy suites) but am not wedded to a brand. (I really like hotels that have minibars because we LOVE to get local beers to keep in the room) So typically, I start with the brands I like and see their locations & prices. These days, most hotels have "best price guarantees" so there's not usually a benefit to booking at another site....

The other thing I do when I'm really stumped is look at the top 10 or top 25 on Tripadvisor (assuming they have "enough" reviews for me to consider the ranking legitimate). Then I just see which are in my budget and read reviews....(still book on hotel website)

5. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm interested in the Crabtree, North area 27609. A Hilton Garden Inn, Courtyard, Holiday Inn Express kind of property. Thanks for the top 10-25 on Trip Advisor

6. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I decided to check AAA and they had the best price plus I'm able to cancel up to 6P on day of arrival.They also let me get my Hilton Honor points. I was more than surprised that AAA had the best deal. It pays to shop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.