1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Brazilian churrascaria restaurants

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by dcrawf, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm interested in hitting one of these during my April trip. Never been before. Would like to know both the good and the bad because knowing where to avoid is just as important as knowing where to go.

Particularly interested in people's impressions of both pampas, where I have seen some very mixed reviews, and Samba at the Mirage, which I have seen precious little about and appears to have fallen out of favor. Thanks!

2. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Pampas, but only for lunch. The price is much cheaper, and you get most of the same meats. Make it a late lunch, and it essentially functions as your main meal of the day.

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't heard great things about Samba but have not been.

Pampas was not bad per se. But I would rate it below the Brazillian steakhouses I am used to visiting from other places. No dishes were bad, but I don't recall a single thing wowing me.

Worth noting, there is a Fogo de Chao within a block or two of the street and a Texas de Brazil at the town square. I haven't tried those yet.

4. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Texas de Brazil cant go wrong, top of line have over 50 stores worldwide

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jaygee77

Jaygee77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Second the Texas de Brazil recommendation. Never had it in Vegas, but the one in Orlando was outstanding.

6. TableToddyy

TableToddyy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Wife & I like the Samba, Rodizio been twice. Love the bacon wrapped turkey. All meats pretty tasty. Lamb good too. A little pricey but there's a bogo on myVEGAS.

7. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's specifically why I was asking about Samba; thinking of going there for post-wedding reception. Other possibility would be one of the Strip buffets, either Aria, Bellagio or Paris.

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG! Been there, done that once! Total meat overdose! Take plenty of Xenical and Vytorin!

9. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been to Samba. I would rate it a 7 out of 10 with Texas De Brazil being a 10.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  10. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was looking forward to Pampas at MM as the only other Brazilian steakhouse I had been to previously, in San Francisco, was glorious. This one really fell flat. I didn't have the "buffet" with the traveling "meat spits" but ordered off the menu. Chicken appetizer was overcooked and bland, skirt steak entree was low quality meat and tasteless, sides were same. Suppose the traditional "buffet" style meal might have been better but we'll never know. Wouldn't go back, only consolation is I used a Restaurant.com certificate and got a deal.

11. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was disappointed in Pampas. "All You Can Eat" doesn't mean much if the food isn't very good.

12. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a good experience at Pampas. We went using the Groupon for the salad/buffet and the meat skewer things (also came w/a drink, a plate of seafood, and a dessert). Food was super flavorful, waiter was attentive, meat came around almost too fast so it was good rotation. We went for lunch. Would go back.

13. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to Vegas approximately 25 times. The worst meal I've ever eaten in Vegas was at Samba. We had a large party (approximately 10). The people that had never eaten at a Brazilian churrascaria liked it--I think primarily because they had never experienced that type of dining concept before. The rest of the table that had dined at other Brazilian steakhouses shared my opinion that it was not good at all.

14. mcaulay777

mcaulay777 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive been to Sambas and both times sucked big time.First time the meats were way overcooked and was very crowded so the wait times between waiters were long food was just plain bad.Went back a second time a couple of trips later because I like to give a place the benefit of doubt and it was worse the second time.2 times and your out for me.

15. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to agree with mcaulay777 - Samba was pretty bad, I wouldn't ever go back. I tried everything they had to offer and all of it (even the sausage) was pretty dry. I've been to several Brazilian Steakhouses outside of Vegas and they've all had at least some kind of meat that wasn't overcooked, like chicken or something... In most cases almost everything they served was delicious. Samba missed the mark on every level: no interesting flavors, everything was overcooked to death, far more expensive than it's worth, crowded, etc.

16. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Pampas and thought it was alright.

My first churrascaria was Rumjungle at the Mandalay Bay, and it still ranks as my favorite. Pampas was decent... we used a Groupon, too, so for the money, I was happy.

More recently, I really liked Via Brasil Steakhouse (on Charleston). If you join their E-mail club you get $25 off their top level dinner. I tried it because I had the E-mail coupon, but I think it was the best I've had in Las Vegas.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  17. IamLindainWI

IamLindainWI Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My nod goes to Fogo de Chao. It is just off the strip but not far. The meats are all wonderful. The salad bar includes many upscale items you don't see on a typical salad bar. Only negative was the sides served to the table. They weren't bad, just not as good as the meats and salad offerings.

18. Laostuh

Laostuh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 for Fogo De Chao
    +1 for Texas de Brazil

I've never been to Samba, but I have been to Fogo De Chao and Texas de Brazil which are the more expensive options between the 3. I've never been disappointed by either Fogo or Texas. The only time I was disappointed was when I felt I didn't eat my moneys worth. I heard they sometimes have live Brazilian Dances at Samba. But if you're like me and just want the best food. You really can't go wrong with either Fogo or Texas.

19. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thread makes me want to take a trip up to Newark's Ironbound neighborhood with my two brothers and visit Brasilia Grill for a $30 self induced meat coma. Let the Caipirinha's flow.

20. Echo27

Echo27 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gah, hammie! You just made this Jersey girl hungry. I need to get back home soon and get some amazing Brazilian and/or Portuguese food!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.