1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sad that I got "shut out" of Caesars for the 7* signature event. :-(

Discussion in 'Comps' started by DaiLun, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I signed up for the 7* Signature event and was (not really, I guess) disappointed to not have Caesars OR The Cromwell offered to me as lodging options.

I guess there are BIG 7*, medium 7*, and little 7*.

I did get all of my events though, and chose the concert at Planet Hollywood.

2. zoobrew

zoobrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could your preferred room choices open up at the last minute, if the BIG 7* cancel.

3. LVchix

LVchix Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dai lun did you call the 1-800 reservation # or book through your host?

4. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Called the 1-800 number just like I did last year. Last year was AC.

I saved my host the "burden" of explaining that I wasn't a high enough roller, as he had to last year at NYE when I didn't get invited to the Caesars event.

It's OK, actually, I am in the process of converting over to Harrahs as my backup property in 2017.

5. blkshirt

blkshirt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That stinks, but my wife and I enjoyed Planet Hollywood for New Years.

6. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, but I probably couldn't gt the Augustus Tower anyway. It's OK, I will have a car, so I can get to anywhere I need to go.

7. shellieshoe

shellieshoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have they posted who will be performing yet?

8. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Britney Spears has just been announced at PH for Saturday, the 26th. I don't know if that's who would be performing, but I'd be pretty certain.

No idea on who's at Caesars

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  9. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DaiLun what property are you staying at. We aren't going but were not included in Caesars or Cromwell either, but our Super Bowl invite was Caesars. Just don't think the 7* event is worth the pain in the rear for us to book and Shell to reschedule some of her work..........Rick.

10. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying at Harrahs (my backup property).

11. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I made the reservation yesterday, they didn't let me choose the concert since the performers hadn't been announced.

What were your other choices for the activities and the brunch?

12. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmmmm. My agent insisted that I pick the concert venue.

I also picked:

Pink Hoover Dam Jeep
    KISS mini Golf
    Sterling Brunch at Ballys

13. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

SO THERE PUNISHING YOU FOR BEING SEVEN STARS HOW NICE

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. jtx

jtx Tourist

I didn't get Caesars or Cromwell either despite getting the Caesars invite for both NYE and Big Game.

15. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't get Caesars Palace or Cromwell on my invitation, either, despite Caesars Palace being my CET HOME property! I received invitations for the Big Game and NYE there and I've always received Signature Event offers that included those properties. I don't know what happened this year -- my play has not gone down, in fact, my free play offers have gone UP. However, my host at Caesars Palace said he could move my reservation over to Caesars if I want him to (I called and booked Planet Hollywood myself). So, if any of you prefer to stay there, ask your host to move you!

When I booked Planet Hollywood I just booked the show at Axis, so I guess I'll be stuck with Britney. NO THANKS! Last year was Mariah Carey and I ended up giving those tickets to my great-niece. I sure wish they would get some entertainment in there that I'd like to see.

I do think that CET kinda blew it on this one, though. As paperposter said, they're punishing us for being 7 Stars. I agree. I think it's insulting. I had been thinking I would stop playing at so many places and just concentrate my play at Cosmopolitan and CET properties, but now I don't think so. I'm tired of being insulted by CET, not being able to count on getting a decent offer, being skipped 2 months at a time (or more) for the free play booster offers, etc... I have a really good host, so I will continue to go, but not as much as I was going to go. (Although he just put me in a suite in the Octavius Tower in January and he's putting me in a suite at Cromwell in March!)

16. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @justmare - I don't think it's too late to switch any of your reservations. I got conf. numbers for each of the events. Just a phone call should do it. Me? Caesars is my home property as well, but I'm just going to make the best of it. The Britney tickets will be a "giveaway" to my "FGF" since my cousin and I aren't interested and my FGF can take her daughter.

When I'm down there in a couple of week, I think I'll drop in and have a talk with my host, but he knows that I'm a GGWU wh**e and has me by the b***s. Maybe it's time to chum around with the Asian Marketing host at Harrahs . . . .

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  17. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it makes anyone feel any better I didn't get Caesars or Cromwell as an option either. I earned 325k TC's last year. High ADT too. I think everyone probably got the same email. I wonder what would keep me from booking Caesars on a comp then just having them book the event separately. I'm probably going to do AC though.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  18. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmmmmm . . . I'll report back after I have a talk with my host in a couple of weeks. I don't know if I'll get the real reason or just what he wants to tell me . . . .

19. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Caesars Calendar shows "Steve Martin & . . . . " as the headliner for August 25th.

20. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am about where you are with 350k TCs last year. My ADT in AC is high but it is low in Vegas as I stopped staying in CET hotels in Vegas about 5 trips ago though I double book rooms for offers and for family members if it is not a solo trip.

I decided to book AC for my signature event because the dates for Vegas and NO didn't work for me. I booked a few days ago through the regular number rather than my host and I didn't even get offered Caesars but instead only Bally's or Harrah's. Harrah's is the better hotel but I love the boardwalk, so I'll be staying at Bally's. I don't care much but I always stay at Caesars AC. My host there is great. I may ask him to switch me at some point but I thought it was a bit much and kind of funny that I am staying at Bally's. There must be a fair number of Seven Stars in the 500k+ TC category that they assume will want to stay at Caesars AC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.