1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Resort fee question....

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sybgal, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Made comped room reservations in November at Bally's for our late April trip. Was Diamond when reservation was made....been Diamond for about 12-13 years but did not make it in 2016 for 2017. Am Plat due to play and also TR Visa cardholder. Anyone recently stayed at a CET hotel when not Diamond when actual trip took place? Wondering if I will be charged the resort fee or not. Remember reading mixed info on this last year. Thanks!

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go for Diamond in two days while you are there and then get it comped! LOL

3. ezhawg

ezhawg Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the same for March and was told to hurry and make Diamond or pay the fee. I did not make Diamond either.

• Like Like x 1
  4. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it was me, I'd go into the Diamond check-in lounge and try to get your room. Then play stupid if they bring up resort fees. "I've been Diamond for 12 yrs and I didn't know about resort fees".

I find Bally's Diamond check-in pretty casual and very helpful, worse that can happen is they throw you out front with the rest of the unwashed masses lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I was working the check-in desk and somebody gave me that line I would probably laugh my butt off. Anybody who has been coming to Vegas that long either 1) knows very well what is happening in the city or 2) is hopelessly lame. Take your pick!

6. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe resort fees come up with your reservation at check-in and your status when you made the reservation will have no bearing on them. I believe you will have them added to your bill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. vegas9094

vegas9094 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were just there Feb 2-4 at PH. We had 2 rooms and both of our diamond status had expired Jan 31. The rooms had been booked in January when we still had status. Went to Diamond check in and no resort fees showed on the reservation. No resort fees, no problems.

8. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks....I will sure try it in the Diamond check in.....hope not disappointed. :)

9. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just spoke to Hunter about this very same thing a week ago. He said if you were diamond when you booked the room, you would not have to pay resort fees.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    its what ever is on your resrevation at the time.

11. garrisonsmama

garrisonsmama Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope this is true. I was Diamond when I booked on Jan. 31, but not diamond now. Guess I will find out for sure soon.

12. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the same scenario 2 years ago, booked a comped room at Flamingo while Diamond for an April stay and my Diamond status expired prior to my trip. No resort fees were on my bill, check in clerk never said anything about it at all. I was told the resort fees were based on your status when you booked the reservation prior to my trip and that's exactly what I experienced. Have a blast!
    diane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.