1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

VooDoo Zip Line?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by DRPinVA, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRPinVA

DRPinVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So our upcoming trip this month is special in a couple ways...It's our first trip after our longest Vegas dry spell - 22 months - we missed last year's trip due to illness..AND.. Our daughter/husband will be joining us for our first time ever - pretty exciting for us....They are mid 30's and our daughter has already purchased tickets for the VooDoo Zip line at the RIO, they want us to do it too.. I watched the video and I don't think I can see myself or wife doing it....anyone else done this and have any comments on their experience?

2. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wife and i did it during the afternoon. she loves that shit. me? i was scared shitless.[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did it at night. We bought a groupon package and ended up with video and couple of photos.

I just checked and the video is 1:55 and that includes loading in the chairs and getting buckled in. It's a short ride. I didn't care for it. You can see from the photo above you have something to hold onto on the outside but there is not handle on the inside. My wife loved it.

4. DRPinVA

DRPinVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn Mike, she looks as cool as a cucumber!!!!! After you got over your fear, did you enjoy it or, "never again"?

5. DRPinVA

DRPinVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure if at night is better or worse...the skyline view is fantastic I'm sure at night, and at least you probably can't see how far down you have to fall ; ) I know my daughter got it as a Groupon, but I'm not sure if it included photos/video or not... I think the wife and I will stay grounded and provide the camera work :)

6. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    never again!

• Like Like x 1
  7. DRPinVA

DRPinVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LMAO....

Thanks for the feedback!!! :)

8. PsyDoc

PsyDoc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the ride one year ago - I liked it. The zipline is not as scary as it seems. I think even those, who usually don't do these kinds of attractions, will kind of like it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DRPinVA

DRPinVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, I think 10 or 15 years ago, I probably would have done it, still not enthusiastically, but I think I would have...but I've found as I get older, my tolerance for heights has diminished greatly... I cringe at even walking around on the roof any more... I think we'll just watch the kids, unless some irresistible urge hits us at the spur of the moment :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done some pretty high zip lines but I've never been on one where you sit like that. I was staying at the Rio when they were testing the line with dummies. We were sitting at the pool watching them fly by. It looked cool. But I haven't done it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Scares me just looking out the Ipenama tower windows of the wires itself...The plane trip(s) are enough thrill for me..

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, judging by your forearm, you are gripping that handle white knuckle tight! :beer:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did it last April. It was a once in a lifetime thing. A little scary but not to bad. My wife had such a tight grip on my bicep that I had bruises the next day.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.