1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLife Offers - Terms & Conditions

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Loki, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loki

Loki Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most MLife offers have this in their terms and conditions:

Offers are subject to availability; blackout dates apply, and are not available to groups or persons attending meetings or conventions.

My question is, how would they know if I am there to attend a meeting or convention? Assuming I do not tell them.

Thanks for the help!

2. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know how they would know. I am using an offer for February and attending a convention. I am going early and staying after the convention. I checked and it doesn't say this on my offer. Just part about availability and blackout dates.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't see that wording in any of my comp offers, only on other generic hotel offers that are also available to the public. I can see why they would use it in connection with a Tier Discount (but I don't even see it there), so you couldn't book 20 rooms using your discount, but I can't think of any reason why they would care if you used a comp offer and were attending a convention.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No way they would know unless you told them.

I am sure some folks would call and try to use offer and then ask to also get the convention discount.

Some offers are available to lots of folks and they do not want them used for all those convention folks.

They really want to get the rates (often higher) from convention folks. I have gone to conventions over the years with high rates, but booked direct online at a lower rate. Convention planners of course did not like that - but it was MY MONEY - not theirs.

In the end, you will be just fine.

5. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

There is no way for them to know. I would venture to say that a good amount of rewards trips are scheduled because people are in town for business.

6. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me the convention rate was higher as well as you had to prepay the convention people when you booked. Also, I believe when I went that route in the past, I didn't get tier credits for the spend. I just have to not charge any food to the room until I am on my own dime at the end, I don't want to use RC for something I can expense.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can do the room charge at the restaurant and turn in THAT receipt for your expenses. Should handle things okay.

You could also charge all business expenses direct to the room, but use your mlife card for personal meals.

Another option is to do a "checkout" with room and meal charges to get a bill for expenses... then check back in for your own time. They will do that and let you keep the same room. (I am assuming you will be staying after the official company dates)

8. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, if I do charge to room before personal time, I'll use the restaurant receipt, hadnt though of that, we have to show a detail receipt anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.