1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anybody else sick of the hype yet?

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Jerseyguy, Feb 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont need an excuse to go out and drink beer and eat wings and nachos. I do it twice a week on average.Why should people and businesses in a given city have this big windfall and all these slick dudes in the ticket biz get rich ?
    Answer we live in a free country where folks can do whatever makes them happy. I just wish I could rent my house for a couple of grand a nightmaybe I'd get in the spirit.

2. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, because I don't pay attention to any of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am assuming you are speaking to today's sporting event?
    Yup...sick of hearing about it.
    Heading for Caesars Windsor where not one second of football will be watched..lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm more excited about the three episodes of MST3K on our local PBS channel this afternoon!
    Then, off with the minions to a Super Bowl viewing party at their school.

During the commercial breaks and halftime they air videos of students' projects and presentations.
    My minions are excited for me to see their videos!

RICHARD

• Like Like x 1
  5. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SB hype? I haven't watched any as every year I do not watch any of it until kick off.

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going for wings and beer at noon to watch Wisconsin play Indiana. Then back home and we'll turn on the game at 5. If Green Bay isn't playing, it's something to read the Sunday paper by. But, I hope Atlanta wins.

When we were younger, we went to SB parties, hosted some, but now, just another game and stay home.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Joejoejackson

Joejoejackson The Max Bet King

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the hype hell it's once a year ...Love the different commercials but I do not watch the lip syncing at half time...Bloody Mary's are already flowing here for once staying here instead of my place in downtown Chicago. Cooking lobster and all the goodies for 20 people today which is a thing I've done for past 10 years.

Go new england

• Like Like x 2
  8. pultzar

pultzar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any... And I mean any excuse to drink without consequence when you are married and have multiple kids is awesome. Regular Sunday: "seriously, another beer?" Super Bowl Sunday: "Can I get you another beer?" Case closed for those of us who understand what I am talking about.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Superbowl schmooperbowl. I don't even know who's in it, nor do I care!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got rid of cable this year and I hadn't watched any games at all. But I was following the Cowboys because I expected them to have a horrible year as usual. They surprised the snot out of me. The first game I watched in full was their loss to Green Bay but one hell of a game. And I watched it in Vegas. Watched the nfc and afc games two weeks ago. I'm a southerner and should be cheering for Atlanta but I will be cheering for Brady and the Pats. Forgot to mention I got Sling TV which is why I can now watch regular TV.

It will be just me and my husband watching. It is my only night off out of 8 nights (all 12 hour shifts) -- and I was asked to work tonight too -- No way. Possibly will be watching alone because I think my husband has the flu. I am making bbq pork sliders, jalapeno popper stuffed mushrooms, chicken wings, and Margaritas. Love the hype and would be happier if the Cowboys were in the Superbowl - Maybe someday I will see an all Texas Superbowl. -- I can dream.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't pay any attention during the 2 weeks leading up to the game, but I will be watching from the comforts of my home starting 1 hour before kickoff. Go Falcons!

12. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This looks like the thread where all the "non-conformists" can gather to assure each other they're NOT so weird! Since somewhere in the neighborhood of 111 million American's watched the Super Bowl last year and we have a population of around 350 million, that means well over 2/3rds of the country elects not to watch the game, so there ya go... you're actually in the majority (not so weird) and completely sane and normal!

I... on the other hand... am a PROUD American consumer (sheep) and I, after spending some time on the treadmill prior, will enjoy the game and ALL it's festivities on our 70" Sony Bravia TV in our family-room. I'll probably even buy a lotta the shit I see advertised, cause that's what I do!

My family will gather round, we'll eat our spinach dip and clam-dip with sour-dough bread and various crackers. We have some Alaskan King Crab and some Clams to steam-up. Then we'll all ENJOY the Lady GaGa halftime show, cause my wife LOVES Lady GaGa and I LOVE my wife! We'll laugh at most of the commercials and discuss which ones we thought were great and which ones sucked. We'll hope for a close and exciting game. I selfishly will hope for a Patriots win by more than 3 points and I wanna see Roger Goodell have to hand that Lombardi Trophy over to Mr. Brady and his side-kicks, Bill Belicheck and Robert Kraft. This is one of may favorite days of the year, not just because of the entertainment, food and drink, but because my family will all be in the same room enjoying our life and THAT's worth the celebration! Enjoy the day however you see fit... but do enjoy it folks!!!

• Like Like x 8
  13. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, I'll watch the game. This thread is about the hype, which I've happily avoided. Any storyline I need to catch up on? Joe Buck will fill me in over the course of the evening, I'm sure. And I'll be right there with my comfort food and beer for kickoff.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really paying much attention to it this year which is nice.

They should somehow reign it in though.

Maybe they can just make it a football game once in a while instead of a political platform.

15. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I will go shopping. Less people about at the malls and stores.

Used to love watching the big game. Back then the players played for each other and their team. Now they play for themselves and their pocketbook.

Just don't have the interest anymore. So who's playing?

• Like Like x 1
  16. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don't tune in, don't consume, how can it possibly affect you? There is other news in the daily paper, the remote has off/mute/change channel buttons. Play golf, go to the beach, go shopping (always a great idea for the crowd-averse), work in the garden, go out for a meal at a place that doesn't have "Wingz" in the name or scads of TVs on the walls.

Super or otherwise, it's Sunday -- a great day to go have fun.

17. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I watch the game, not the hours of pre hype.

18. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have avoided most of the hype despite being a Patriots fan. I'll tune in late-afternoon after Fox and ESPN have stopped talking about the coaches' wives and predictions made by non-sports celebrities. Because.....who cares about all that crap?

19. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not paid much attention to the hype. I have had more important things to deal with. I generally do not even watch the .Super Bowl because I do no care anything about the teams playing. I have not watched the Super Bowl since the last time the Bears played.
    I have no interest in today's game and have no plans to watch it. The game means absolutely nothing to me.

20. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't involve myself in the hype, but I will be watching. It's a spectacle and I like spectacles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.