1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo - Contacting Hotel - Resort Fee and Room choice

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Clara, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clara

Clara Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

We are stay at the Flamingo for a 2 week stay in August, we are traveling from the UK so normally try and stay as long as we can. We have booked through a third party as the charges/exchange rates for our cards are crazy when booking direct. Because of this we have no direct contact with the hotel.

Questions are:

Does anyone have contact details they could provide for us to email?
    Has anyone had resort fee removed/lowered - free local calls, fitness centre and WIFI for 1 device is no use to us? I know this is a long shot but thought I'd ask.
    We have a non-smoking Fab room booked - will the $20 trick get us a complimentary upgrade, if so whats best to ask for if questions asked at check-in? Not over bothered about strip view as long as not a view of a wall or air conditioning units (5 trip to Vegas)?

Thanks!

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chances are less for upgrade. You might want to visit the $20 trick thread here for more info.

by the way, with HIGH HOPES of not opening up another long thread about resort fee - It "is no use" to most people that stay there.

4. Clara

Clara Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, will give the $20 at check-in a go. It seemed to work before at Mirage, NYNY and Monte Carlo for same length of stay. They gave us nice rooms due to us being there for long stay.

I would have happily booked direct but not worth it for bank charges and bad exchange rates.

Was hoping someone may know a host or a customer relations person we could contact, never stay at CET hotel.

5. Clara

Clara Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to sound naive, why "is no use"

Happy to pay something for upgrade as long as not too expensive, will just need to wait and see if $20 will get us anywhere. Would just like reasonable view, decent size room to sleep and wash, and clean. Not planning on hanging about in room.

Thanks

6. Jidery

Jidery Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Third party means no $20 trick and no extra treatment. They'll see your reservation and laugh as they give you the worst room on the property. Third party bookings is the worst way to do vegas.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

not total true ,as the 20$ or more tip goes to the person checking them in , it will depend on that person.yes your chances go down with 3rd party but people still take bribes and what is an upgrade is all relative ,higher floor, close too the elevator.so you might never know

8. Jidery

Jidery Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked third party only once and I got the worst check-in service I've ever received.

9. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alas, lassie, you're nay gonna have much luck having booked third party! But, it never hurts ta try the $20 bribe, all they canna say is "Nay!" Never hurts ta ask fer anythin! Guid luck!

10. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are you trying to gain or ask from a host or customer relations representative? If it's general questions you can go to the Total Rewards website (FAQ\Contact Us). Since you been to Vegas, do you have history with CET/TR? Since you're asking for a host contact, I assume you've don't have a host, haven't been apporached by one, and/or your play hasn't warranted it. So if you reach out to one, they may or may not respond back to you. Just my 2 cents. But you never know until you tried. You can always try reaching out to Hunter who is also on this board or if you just want to cold call one or email, do a quick search for "Flamingo Host" on LinkedIn.

Lot's of times when you're booking through a 3rd party, it is a bit hard for the direct hotel to assist you as it may not be in their system yet, they are unable to see details, and/or unable to modify anything dealing with the reservation and they would tell you to contact the 3rd party you used. In terms of upgrades with $20 trick, like paperposter said, it's luck of the draw. For a 2 week stay, I'd go a little higher than $20, IMO.

What FAB room did you book for? Most of the basic FAB rooms are only about 350sqft. If you opted for 2 queens, it may be a bit on the small side. The GO room is slightly bigger at 400sqft, so it may be a better option to try to score that if space is an issue.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go back to the OP post - he was saying the stuff that the resort fee included is of "no use"

12. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Clara, who have you booked with? Have you read the small print? Our grandson booked with Thomas Cook last year and fully expected to pay the resort fee on arrival (we had warned him about the fees). Luckily it was included so he had more money to spend on things he wanted to do.

13. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You won't get the resort fee waived. There's a small chance it's already included in your package (check with the company you booked with) but most package deals do not include the RF. Since you are staying for 2 weeks you might want to try $50 instead of $20. Getting an upgrade is always easier on weeknights than weekends but you will be there for both. I stayed there last June and had 4 rooms booked for 4 nights. I did $50 and go an upgrade. But that was was for weeknights.

14. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless its an extremely slow period I cant see you benefiting much with $20 for such a long stay. 3 or 4 days sure, that shouldn't play into things so much even when booking through a 3rd party. But two weeks.....that's often the max a property allows you to stay. Seems like too small an amount. Very surprised the OP got good results previously at even better resorts. But what the hell do I know? Try it anyways. You might get lucky!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.