1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Latest time frame for CET to book air tickets - Diamond Trip

Discussion in 'Comps' started by nostresshere, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, I emailed my host with all the dates and every detail I could think of to book our trip. He of course sent it off the the travel folks.

Two part question:

1 - How long is it taking these days for them to get back to you - any experience?

2 - Our flights are about $220 above the $750 level. Do they sometimes let that go, or is somebody going to call me to pay the difference?

Side note - since I sent the information last week, the rates on one flight have gone up about $30 each. Trip is almost two months out. Hopefully it does not go up more.

2. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine are usually booked the day of or next day. All depends how busy passport is I guess. I have been asked to cover the cost over the $750 in the past. This might go on your CC if you have one on file with CET. There was no mention of covering the overage for my trip this month to NOLA. The overage was only about $30 though.

3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The DAL trip is supposed to be airfare for one, so technically, they could drop the second ticket, which would put you below the $750 limit.

Either way, you will probably be asked to pay any overage.

4. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used this before and they booked for both of us.

Here is what it says on their benefit page. "Getaway limited to two people, one of which must be the Total Rewards member"

5. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two people is no problem. Yes, you will pay the overage. Your host will ask you for a CC or ask if you want to use RCs for the difference.

It could have been most host or travel folks but I have waited as long as a week and a half for my tickets. Almost every time the fare has gone up between the time I sent the info and the time they booked the ticket, which is why I just decided to buy my tickets for my April trip as there were good fares in January yet they couldn't even start the processing of booking until 2/1.

I will use my Diamond and Seven Stars trips for later in the year, which is no problem given that I go to Vegas now about 4 times a year.

6. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do not know about 7 Stars, but here is the quote as to timing for Diamond Aspirations for those that earned it in 2016.
    GETAWAY
    Valid Dates: February 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017. Must be booked by January 31, 2017 with all travel fully completed by June 30, 2017

7. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked and used my 2016 trips a while ago. I was referring above to the trips that are available to me starting February 1st of this year. I wanted to use my SS trip for THIS year in April, but didn't want to wait until February 1st of this year to book the flights.

Your note reminds me though that if for some reason I make just 3 trips this year I can use my 2017 Diamond Aspirations trip for NEXT April -- April 2018 -- as long as I book it by January 31, 2018.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am still waiting for Da2 trip flight to be booked. Host sent it in 1/26. I haven't heard back for conf #. But she said passport is swamped. Flights have gone up but still below 750. Trip not until may.

9. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I did the 27th. With that Jan 31 cutoff date - they set themselves up for this. For those folks that did not reach the level until December it is really quick. The date is really too soon.

I wonder how many folks are not even aware of the cutoff and will be calling in at some future date trying to take it.

10. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    here is my experiances with them booking the trips...passport is not swamped, they are lazy...

now you are supposed to book 30 days before, ive had them drag ass and not get my flight till 3 days before the trip

the $750 air is for you and one guest, always has been...if you send them the info and the flight is more than the $750, you will cover the overage through CC/debit or reward points

if you are under the $750 but the flight goes up and over before they book it, they will try to get you to cover it...I have never paid the overage as I told them what I found and they were too slow as is took them weeks to book...I had them cover a $980 flight when I had $500 air voucher, one time, had $750 air, it was almost $1,300 because they waited so long and then they booked me on southwest roundtrip and spirit round trip for some reason...anytime it is there fault for dragging ass, let them know, they have always covered it

11. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would tend to agree. Have had similar experiences that they just drag their butts. One year, I gave them lots of notice, then they just took their sweet time and rates went up. then they called me and I had to walk them through reading my email and give them the flight numbers, etc.

I just do not get it. I feed them the exact information with FL #, Airline, times on each end, etc and they still take forever.

Good news, we were able to actually get first class out of them. Total came to like $850 and I paid diff with credit card. They want 2:1 for to use Total Rewards.

12. NewOrleansSlimm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not hard to punch some keys and book the flights, I dont understand the weeks of waiting either, but when they wanted me to take a cheaper flight and ended up double booking me, they payed quite a bit over but I was worried because I didnt have any air confirmed until 3 days before my trip

I always take a early direct flight as its cheaper but I get the full day out of vegas, coming back I had to be back before 4pm for a party which southwest had another cheap direct flight... when they finally decided to book, it was almost double the airfare I had, so they asked if id take spirit and they would cover any bag fees. I told them I can deal with getting there later and losing half the day but I have to be back at this time...lil while later I get a confirmation on spirit and they had me coming back for 10pm...right back on the phone and they finally booked the southwest for almost $1,300...my host said they want me to cover overages but she wont allow it, i told her I wouldnt cover it anyway because I didnt screw it up...

they always cover it because they know they will get it back in the end plus more lol

13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It shouldn't be nearly this hard. He we are saving to spend cash in Vegas to dine, spa and gamble, knowing the odds of "winning" are low, and yet they can't make basic travel arrangements in an efficient and drama free manner. I don't get it.

14. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't ever sure about that.

15. NewOrleansSlimm

Trips to Las Vegas:
    to add to this, your guest doesnt have to be with you, they can fly from another airport even on a different day as long as you end up at the CET location...also you dont have to check in right away. example.... you have an offer to stay at mgm for 2-3 nights before the CET trip and then will be going to CET right after. you can fly in early with the free airfare, use your mgm stay, then when time comes then check into CET

16. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    re: have flights on different days than your hotel stay.

Yes, we have done it before and will do it again. On at least two trips we flew in one day via CET paid air. Stayed elsewhere for 2-3 days, then checked into the CET hotel. May or may not actually stay there. Our Vegas theo must be dropping because this is our normal mode of operation out there. We do our high play at Tunica or Cherokee.

17. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I was thinking of using an Atlantic City trip as a jumping off point for a European cruise. Don't know exactly what the date limitations would be, but thanks for the info.

18. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nostress, I'm in the same boat. I'm a mid level Seven Stars but in 2016 about 90% of my CET play was in AC and in 2017 I think the percentage will be even higher. I'm not sure I will ever stay in a CET LV property again. I book rooms for family and offers and give some play but probably 1000 TCs at most a few days whereas if I were staying at a CET LV property I would more likely have a number of 5000 TC days.

19. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually booked my trip to AC once and never even checked in to the hotel. Stayed with friends. Never heard a word about it.

20. CtheWorld

CtheWorld Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried to do this recently for my diamond aspiration-level2 trip and was not allowed.
    My wife and I needed to come into NOLA on different days from different places. The host said they couldn't do that.
    We would up buying her incoming flight on our own, and getting my income flight and both our return flights through them.

Oh, and I think it was a good 3-4-5 days from when we sent the flight info til they got back to us.

This was my first year at DAL2, and I was surprised/disappointed by how quickly the benefits disappear, having only made the level near the end of the year.
    (We considered doing The Atlantis trip, but that had to be booked by end of January and used by the end of February, (and when I called all of February was already full))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.