1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Upgrade a MyVegas comp room?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Rollvadice, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollvadice

Rollvadice Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anybody here had there MyVegas room upgrades? Is it even possible?

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. Some times you will receive an email advertising a discounted paid upgrade or they will offer it at check in.

If you are talking about using the $20 trick or just asking nicely to get a free upgrade at check in, I've done that as well

3. Rollvadice

Rollvadice Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info!

4. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have booked about 8 free myvegas rooms and have upgraded over half of them. sometimes with 20 dollar tip sometimes with a legit email offer to upgrade

5. paconomad

paconomad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking about Mandalay Bay for our MyVegas hotel room and asking for Delano using the trick. Have you guys had more success with one hotel over the other, or is it just like any other time using the $20 trick, where it's a function of individual clerk, busyness, friendliness, etc.

6. michele14

michele14 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of years ago I had a one night stay at Mandalay Bay and received an email that they were upgrading me to the Delano at no charge. Last year I had a 2 night stay at Luxor, and when I was checking in I asked if a Tower Room was available. The desk agent told me I always upgrade my Gold card guests, so we did get the Tower Room. I think even if we weren't Gold we probably could have upgraded. A lot depends on how booked the hotel is.

7. Rollvadice

Rollvadice Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

8. Retrobabble

Retrobabble CVF #37500: Director of Fun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just before Xmas, I was sent an email to upgrade from MB to Delano for only $20.00 a night. Seemed like a good deal to me and I'm glad I did it. Not only much nicer rooms but I walked straight up to check-in. MB check-in was around the block.

9. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been upgraded twice with my MyVegas rewards stays:
    • Luxor - Upgraded from Pyramid to Tower, no extra cost
    • MB - Upgraded to Delano, no cost. I had a night one stay at MB, followed by a 2-night paid stay at Delano. I believe I called up and asked about getting a late checkout or something so I wouldn't be without a room for a couple of hours. They offered to upgrade my first night pending a review they said was going to happen a week before or something? I never really got confirmation, but when I arrived, I just walked over to Delano and all 3 of my nights were spent there.
    On a side note, about half of my paid stays at MB I've been able to upgrade to the Delano, usually at no cost, but my most recent trip (in October), I asked about upgrades available (specifically Delano), the check-in lady mentioned they could only upgrade customers for a max of one night now.

10. troyzilla

troyzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Luxor - I was upgraded to a Tower room without even asking. I assumed I was getting a Pyramid room - but nope. Tower. No $20 trick - nothing. In fact I went up the inclinator to the floor they told me and was informed by a cleaner I was meant to be in the Tower.

Mirage - never recieved an email but was "upgraded" to a volcano view for both nights as the check in girl asked if it was my first stay (it was). It was a low floor (just barely above the garden dome' - so maybe that was the room I was always going to get.

Next trip will include 2 nights at Mandalay via MyVegas again. No email offers yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.