1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do you plan your Vegas trip based on seeing a specific perfomer?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by VegasTravelNews, Jan 29, 2017.

?

Do you plan a trip to Vegas around seeing a specific performer?

1. Yes, I plan of seeing a certain performer and select my travel dates accordingly

2. No, seeing a particular performer does not effect my choice of travel dates

3. Both

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasTravelNews

VegasTravelNews MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas has become an entertainment mecca. The selection is almost endless. This includes many "name" performers who are there on long term residency's (Celine, Britney, etc), short term residency's or stopping in for a night or two as part of a national tour. Cirque and similar shows don't apply.

I'm curious if anyone has planned or is planing a Vegas trips around seeing a specific "name" act, which means you could only be there on certain dates.

Edit: Added third choice (Both) to Poll.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  2. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I base my trips on Slot Tournaments. Although I have also for 3? years in row (the kids haven't gone down in the last couple years) would base one trip per year during EDC and I'd host 4-9 of them. The only other two times I went down for a performer was when ONE DIRECTION was sold out in Vancouver in about 48 seconds, so I called my host to book for my bestie's two little girls to bring them down. Then , when Beibs sold out in Vancouver again in about 2 minutes...I called my host and got ticks for the Beibs. Other than that, nope.

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have planned trips to see certain performers but not always.

4. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when we decide it is time for a trip we plan a timeframe then I look for a performer that my wife would like to see and work the travel dates around that.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can answer both of the above. No option that works for us.

We do try to coordinate our trip with something going on, but it is not a deal killer, or maker.

Last July we specially made our trip to attend the 10th anniversary of LOVE. There is usually one event that we try to work around, but the dates are often the driver.

6. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Neither of those two choices fits my planning so I didn't vote.

I occasionally plan a trip around a specific performer that I really want to see and wiil appear there on a specific date(s), but mostly plan my Vegas trips irrespective of who might be there.

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually plan at least 5 months ahead of time and that's before most of the "name" performers have scheduled.

8. NJS24

NJS24 Voice of Reason

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. Her name is Cinnamon. She works Tuesday and Thursday nights and is fantastic.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite performer is called Lady Luck.
    I go to Vegas when she is performing for me.

10. ref59405

ref59405 The world champion of getting 3 and a kicker.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last trip was primarily to see Beautiful: The Carole King musical. 3 years ago or so we went to see Def Leppard, but those were the only 2 trips out of 20 that were because a show or performer was in town

Boy's trip
    Annual birthday trip
  11. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, regularly. The bands we enjoy are usually booked in to the venues far enough in advance that we can work air and lodging around the dates for a decent price.

We will usually try and get a room at the same hotel, or as close as possible. Nothing like dancing all night and then being only an elevator button push away from going back to the room to shower and head back out post show to play.

Actually that is how we came to enjoy the Orleans........years ago, 2002 or 03 there was a Halloween festival at the Silver Bowl all day and then there were late shows at the Orleans Arena. Shows started at midnight and went to daylight. So nice to just go down that walkway and up to the room.

We have done this at the Palms also......the Pearl is a really nice venue. Also Phish at MGM. We usually stay at Flamingo for shows at the Brooklyn Bowl, but the last time it was just stoopid expensive so we stayed at the Rio.

12. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We started Within last couple of years with new T mobile center being added with more concerts we have made last three trips around performance date. And as you can see in upcoming March trip well

13. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. seneca7

seneca7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If there is someone I'd really like to see, that's when I plan my vacation. Otherwise, it's just the time of year I prefer to go. Went 4x last year, all for shows: George Strait, Reba and Brooks & Dunn, Garth Brooks, Barbra Streisand. Normally don't go that many times in a year, but wanted to see those shows. (All wonderful!)

15. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go regardless. But I usually have a flexible schedule as to when. So the dates certain shows or headliners are in town can lead to the dates I select.

16. Brando95

Brando95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've planned trips sort of a spur of a moment when a band I like have announced a tour stop. Once went and saw KISS and Motley Crue over a long weekend because seeing them indoors in Vegas sounded much better to me than seeing them in an outdoor amphitheater the previous week here in Dallas in August. I've also gone out there specifically for a concert. Most of the time though I book the trip and then look to see who is in town when I'm there. I'm not one for traditional "shows" so that doesn't factor in.

9th Island stopover on the way to Hawaii
    July 4th in the desert!
  17. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I select my dates and book flights and hotels. I then have a look to see what shows are on during my stay. Last year I got lucky as The Who were playing at Caesars.

18. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This year no, but I've planned many trips in the past to coincide with concerts. NIN/Soundgarden, Coldplay (didn't end up going), Alice in Chains, the Cure, I've planned trips around their Vegas shows. My summer trip tends to be the one that ends up getting planned this way since most bands tour in the summer. Residencies - no. Haven't had one there I care to see yet (holding out hope for Duran Duran).

19. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both. Neither. Entirely depends on the time of year and the offers we have available.

20. X-Man

X-Man Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, Hardwell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.