1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Frontier airline question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by zoey11, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoey11

zoey11 Mid roller and Vegas fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trying to plan another trip for April, but our only choices direct out of Cinncinnati are Allegient or Frontier.
    On Allegient, you have to get up at 5 am leaving day or with Frontier, take a 10pm flight back that you are in the air most of the night.

I can't find any information on the seats. Our last trip proved even in the front seats, Allegient's seats are so uncomfortable, it's over 4 hour flights and none of the giant seats are available the dates we want to go.

I wanted to ask if the seats recline on Frontier, or at least the premium seats? If so, I may consider the night flight but any opinions are appreciated!

2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The regular seats on Frontier recline a bit. The tray tables are comically small (if that matters). You pay an extra (I think $12) for slightly larger tray tables in the front of the plane. Those recline. I'm a Southwest guy but I fly Frontier sometimes. The rates can be so dirt cheap, especially if you join the club. For my May trip I'm taking Southwest there and Frontier back.

3. zoey11

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! We might be good enough with an exit row but cheaper seats then.

4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Problem with our flights is they are the last ones out for the evening and at times are cancelled which can throw a monkey wrench in the works. Not sure how credits are allocated but last trip talked to a Colorado native that backed up her flight with frontier by reserving swa and then cancelling (within an hour of flight using points). It IS cheap but not sure I have enough cushion in my butt for the 2.25 hour flight and all the maybe's. Good luck.

5. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have flown both to Vegas out of various WI airports. I guess I give allegiant the slight advantage. Mostly because when flying on Frontier the ladies boarding in front of us did not check the right box when checking in and had to pay $100 each for the carry on bags. Then on the flight home after 3 days of living it up in Vegas there were 3 crying babies on the plane.

Sons 21st birthday trip
  6. zoey11

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gosh!!

Well, I booked an exit row seat going out, 12 dollar seat. I just couldn't bring myself to do the overnight flight, I booked the early am allegiant flight. If the exit row seat isn't good, I may opt to upgrade later but hoping for reports from travelers.

7. zoey11

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Decent prices, 261 round trip,and with allegiant, booked a giant seat. It's the only way I can tolerate the straighback, narrow seats.

8. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't like late night flights because they are often delayed. Plus with a small airline like Frontier if there are mechanical issues they can't easily fly another plane in like some other airlines can. My return flight from Vegas in May is a nonstop redeye on Frontier (leave Vegas around 10:45 pm and get home around 5:00 am). I don't mind a possible delay when I'm going home. But when I'm LEAVING on vacation I want to get there with no issues so I always book the first flight out, which in my face is 6:15 am on Southwest :)

9. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a crappy selection of airlines. I'm heard nightmare stories about both of those carriers. Then again I have often flown Spirit and they're in the same boat. At least they're all cheap.

Taking Southwest on the return trip to Cleveland if only for the free baggage allowance. Filipino wife is flying in from Hong Kong and she's gonna be heavily loaded down. Only $113 :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems like Frontier has cut the flights and jacked up fares, at least out of OMA. They used to be a very competitive airline with frequent flight. I think it's maybe two years ago that I last flew them.

11. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I have flown Frontier 6 times in the last 2 years and since they have upgraded their seats (they look like skinny office chairs) none of my seats have reclined.

12. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Allegiant has done the same thing out of GTF. Use to be at least 4-5 flights a week and now they are down to 2, a Monday and a friday. Kind of sucks.

13. reen1962

reen1962 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The new seating does not recline EXCEPT the first few seats that are premium seats.

It's Been Too Long 'Ol Friend! :-)
  14. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

With SWA hiking fares, I have used both Frontier and Allegiant considerably more. I give a slight edge to Allegiant for seat comfort.
    What's helpful to me is realizing up front I'm am receiving a cost savings and to be okay with how Frontier and Allegiant do business. I've had cancelled/delayed flts and knew this was a possibility going in, so it didn't faze me. I accept their extra fees and charges also.
    If things become too onerous, I can always go back to SWA.

15. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BEWARE....A recent Frontier story, posted Monday, at March Madness in Las Vegas (FB). A couple were booked from Vegas back to Indy on march 19th departing "late afternoon" and it was Non stop. Was notified Monday that their return flight was now leaving early Sunday morning, 9 am, with a 7 hr layover in Denver! Offered no other option. They cancelled flight Tuesday, got refund, and booked Southwest Air. Vowed to never fly Frontier again. Fwiw!

16. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm surprised they got a refund that easily!

17. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Something tells me that she ("former" Frontiercustomer) wouldn't let Frontier off the phone till they did agree to refund her airfare!

18. zoey11

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the responses!
    Guess I will keep my exit row seat. Wondering if I should pay the insurance fee, with comments here? Lol!

19. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Remember there generally has to be a valid reason for you to claim that travel insurance (documented illness, job loss, etc.). You can't just say, "I don't wanna go" and claim that fare money. I never have bought travel insurance, and I sorta doubt I ever will.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  20. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And some insurance policies have a deductible.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.