1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What's the current busker situation Downtown?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by kingslender, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    too far gone... LOL. well I must look pretty darn bad, they don't hesitate to approach me. i must look like i need some miracle in a jar.

2. Homeschool

Homeschool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually despise the street performers, but I thought the sales people were the worst this time. Was actually pestered by time share and show salespeople inside Harrah's, twice.

3. jsunsports

jsunsports Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    why is it that the powers that be on Fremont street make the so called street performers stand in circles and they allow the pushy timeshare people to walk cross Fremont Street and start harassing you and trying to drag you back into thier booth?

• Like Like x 1
  4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Again, "Dude/dudette, we r in such a hurry. Point out your designated circle and we will catch you in 15 minutes or so. Sorry."
    Done deal.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't say anything I just look them in the eye and keep walking. But then my wife says I'm rude. So be it.

TomTWI

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    His kids must be so proud of him!

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
    • Like Like x 2
  7. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The worst ones are the ones who talk about joining their cult...err God, and how we're all going to Hell. We already know that, that's why we're all partying in Vegas, and enjoying our time now. Shut up!

50th birthday bash! Cosmo/Horseshoe
    50th birthday bash! Cosmo/Horseshoe
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always smile when I see those signs, there is always a guy with a repent sign at the bottom the escalator near Ballys. He has a loudspeaker saying how we need to confess our sins. Hey what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas lol.

9. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually the time share salesman are the worst. Al least IMHO. The ones with the you're going to hell signs are mentally unstable and should be avoided at all costs. The police should remove them from the streets for their own protection, plus to protect the citizens. I sometimes just tell the time share assholes to fuck off. They'll definitely leave you alone. One stay at the Golden Nugget they were by the elevators. I told them I'll be here all week and to leave me alone. It took them 3 days to stop bothering me. It was after I told one that if you approaching me, I might have to put my foot up your ass. I wouldn't really do that, as I'm a non violent person. But I can play a convincing tough guy. As for the buskers, I don't mind them so much. Their trying to make a living. And personally I've never had one get pushy with me like the time share folks.

• Like Like x 2
  10. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You mean these guys? :)

[​IMG]

11. alexlifeson

alexlifeson High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a fan of the Blue Oyster Cult but not what those street people are selling.

• Like Like x 1
  12. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next time somebody tells you that "you're going to hell", remind them that "all are sinners and fall short of the glory of God"...and that includes them.
    That will likely shut them up.

As a Lutheran, I've talked with my Pastor about "gambling", (in general), and the conclusion is that, so long as I am not cheating or intentionally deceiving others in order to steal their money or property, and assuming I am being a faithful steward of my household finances, that it is simply one more form of entertainment.

IF a busker ever says something to me about gambling being a "sin", I'll insist on a scriptural reference... but after a few minutes of him puzzling over the absence of an answer to that, I'll need to get going...after all, a UTH table is always calling my name!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. MrCravat

MrCravat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Spot on...The Excalibur & Luxor have them at the entrance of the elevators & are a pain in the ass..They are killing Vegas and I started stopping off Strip where I find them less at the Tuscany & Palms..I'm staying downtown ( California ) next Tuesday and will take your advice about telling them to eff off...

14. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Downtown, I don't find them as much as every hotel on the strip. Never seen one at MSS and Cal area. Only ones I have seen on FSE were around Binions, where they have a kiosk. Or maybe they don't bother me because I am old and look poor.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ruark

Ruark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I seriously doubt that he has any kids; that's part of his schtick, like the bum holding up a cardboard sign saying "ex Navy SEAL."

16. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha ha! ex Navy SEAL my ass.....maybe a washout from first day of training.

Or a regular seal, you know, the fat ones that hang out at docks and harbors and we throw fish at them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Outside NYNY a fellow said that for 20 bucks he'd be my friend with benefits for an hour.

I explained that I already had health, life, dental, retirement, accidental D&D, and five personal days, but thank you for asking! :D

He said "You're welcome" and I moved on...

RICHARD

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just returned from 6 days downtown and the busker situation still sucks. and there are plenty of them that are not even in the designated circles. what's up with that?

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  19. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The "lotions and potions" ladies were sure hitting on me a couple of weeks ago. They should do circles for them too! (Or a chain?) :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they don't bother me too much. they figure I need that other product -- facelift in a jar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.