1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lake Mead Cruise & Hoover Dam Tour Recommendations

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by TrueblueAl, Jan 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueblueAl

TrueblueAl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for a bit of advice on going on a lake mead cruise and hoover dam tour. Looking for recommendations of best company to book this through and advice on how long it takes to get to the place from the hotel? On the quick search ive done most seem to be initially getting there via coach but i dont fancy waiting for ages on a bus then sitting on a bus for hours.

2. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's only about an hour to the damn. I was also looking into doing this. I looked at grandcanyontourcompany. I think it was less the $100 per person for the damn tour and the cruise. The whole tour was about 8 hours from hotel pick up to drop off.

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to the Dam a few times so I'm not interested in doing it again but a Lake Mead cruise sounds like fun if I can do one without the other.

4. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Several tour companies with various combination of tours online if you want to tailor to your outing.

We didn't want to do a bus/coach tour since it ends up being an all day waiting around kind of thing.
    So we drove out to the dam in the afternoon and did the public Parks (Bureau of Reclamation) tour. It's about $30 per person, lasts about an hour and is first come first served with tours every 30 minutes. You will go thru security checks so allow time for that also a lot of walking. There are sidewalks where you can walk along and view the dam wall at your own pace before/after the tour - awesome views. Definitely worth the trip out there.

Separately, for that same evening, we booked a dinner cruise through Lake Mead Cruises - for about $60 per person, tour lasts about 2 hours; (around 5:30 or 6:30 can't remember which) and only available a few nights each week. The dinner was fine (menu online), but the cruise around Lake Mead at dusk followed by almost pitch black darkness was awesome and scary at the same time - that was really special. Takes close to an hour to drive there from town, but we came from the dam so don't have a good time reference on that part. Also, you pay the national park fee to get to the cruise boat. And they do the touristy photo op, lol.

Good luck and hope you find one that works for you!

5. CoveredinBeer

CoveredinBeer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to the Dam twice. Once via limo and once via Pink Jeep. Both were great but I didn't pay for the limo. I doubt you could go wrong with a Dam tour because it's so close, but I'd use a reputable company that picks you up from your hotel and returns you.

6. seneca7

seneca7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. eyevandynsx

eyevandynsx Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

We drove down to the dam 2 years ago and then did this cruise as well. Pretty nice cruise...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.