1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Founders Card=CET diamond status

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by KKB, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After reading, it seems this card is for people owning a business.
    Can any joe blow get this card?

2. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You get diamond status with Caesars, so no resort fees among other things, so you have to see if the $395 yearly fee is worth it to you.

3. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is, and it isn't. If you're of any responsible level at a company, I'm sure they'd be happy to welcome you, also. Just looking on their site you'll see not everyone is a CEO or founder.

Oh, and you can get it less than $395 a year.

4. james400

james400 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got this from "Amanda" after asking the same question. We are going to Vegas in March and want to make sure I'm still Diamond before I go.

Amanda replied

Dec 26, 9:03am
    Hello *****,

We have enjoyed the partnership with Total Rewards for a few years now. The contract is up for renewal each year in January, and if it is renewed, they will extend the "valid through" date of your Diamond upgrade through FoundersCard. While we aren't allowed to guarantee this contract will be renewed next year, we don't anticipate any changes to the program.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Have a great day!

• Like Like x 1
  5. danny8235

danny8235 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what does it cost and where do I get them. I am platinum now is it worth the cost to get one mo go 2 or 3 times a year

6. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many days do you stay, if you stay?

7. james400

james400 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my case, we stay in Tahoe or Vegas about 15 nights throughout the year, I figure the resort fee averages $30 with fee and the tax on the fee, so I'm at $450, plus I got the $100 food voucher which we used for a nice steak dinner. Separate VIP check in, bypassing lines at restaurants, and the Diamond lounges are another plus. Also getting to park in valet when it is full. All that for $395 (one year for me or two years is $295 X 2). For me it's worth it, for you, you have to do the math.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2016
  8. Publius

Publius Living the Dream

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone hear if they renewed it yet?

FlightSimExpo 2024
  9. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't even heard from FC about renewing my subscription!

10. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not necessarily......

12. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I e-mailed Founders a couple of days ago, asking about whether there was going to be any changes with their arrangement with CET. Their reply was that they negotiate with them every January and if there are any changes to the program that Founders members will be notified. So I guess I'll relax with a cocktail next week in the Las Vegas Harrah's diamond lounge and await any news next month.

• Like Like x 1
  13. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Over at FlyerTalk, someone said that they spoke with someone at FC & they said CP would have "something" but not Diamond.
    This of course is hearsay, but thought I'd give all a heads up.
    OF COURSE I did a 2 year agreement last year. Marriott/Hilton benefits aren't worth it. Too bad

14. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive read it'll be diamond without some perks like diamond dinners and shows

15. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not getting worked up until it's officially announced. But as I said on Tweeter, it would be wise to remove the perk from the site if it's going away, simply to avoid confusion. Especially if recently onboarded members aren't getting that perk. It's like Amazon holding off on shipping a Prime member's package for free, when at midnight tomorrow that perk is going away. I can live with anything except resort fees and diamond reward credit multipliers. I like other perks and will continue using them, but definitely not renewing if Diamond fully goes away. T'was a great gamble, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, so much for that. I've been re-upgraded.

I plan on hitting Vegas again and staying and playing exclusively at a Caesar property...besides maybe a couple nights at Cosmo.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think I've seen a topic so debated and discussed over various forums and threads, and easily over a month's time, as this one, in a long time. But yes, we've returned.

I actually plan on squeezing in a night at Cosmo my next trip. We've never put in any serious play there, so not even any decent offers yet. So we figure a night there with a little help from the Founderscard discount, mainly play on one card, and enjoy ourselves because it is a beautiful property.

18. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quite frankly, not just here but there is a lot of "hatin'" going on.

I'm sure since what, 2013, Caesar's has looked at the numbers and decided it's a good deal for them as well. Remember, they are getting increased play from folk that might go to MGM and such.

I don't even think about going to MGM besides National Harbor near my house. I try to put my "local" play into Horseshoe in Baltimore but that's so much farther now.

I've used Marriott Rewards points for Cosmo before. I use them on Fridays and Saturdays when the rate is high. Points don't care about hotel cost. They care about category. Cosmo is THE best hotel on the strip. It's only drawback are it's paper thin walls.

I did notice that some of stuff has changed for the Atlantis trip including Atlantis adding a deal for Gold members which I found odd. That's actually expansion.

Another thing folks don't do is maximize their stuff through credit card rewards.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jason Bentham

Jason Bentham Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if you decide not to renew your card if your status reverts at that point, or if you keep diamond through the current year? My card renews in May, and I have a trip in June. I'm travelling a lot less, so this is really the only perk I use anymore. I only plan on travelling to Vegas once this year (new kid in due in August is putting the kibosh on any other LV trips this year), so can't justify $495 for the one trip (though if I keep it, I'll definitely put it to use). Has anyone let their membership lapse?

20. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True. And pardon my memory, but didn't they change the Diamond deal, only offering the $100 slot play option and not the comp resort fees? Either way, I'll take it. My SO is Gold, but I'm going to call to find what it is to add her. I've read people say it's just a matter of paying the extra fee in the past, but since they're offering a discounted room rate to Golds, I'm wondering if they changed that, too.

In AC, I love Borgata, and will continue to play there, as the experience is top-notch. However, unless I'm staying in the Water Club tower (here and there comps for that), I'll gladly skip the resort fees and stay at Harrah's or Caesars. Next trip to Vegas will be my first as Diamond, so that will be interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.